• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2010 R1200RT dies

Thought it best to do an update. Only 2,000 miles on the new RT and problem still occurs every time I ride. It's scheduled for the repair next Tuesday. Sure hope it gets resolved. Stay tuned...........

Thought I best update:
I picked up my bike today frrom the dealer. They made the repair (fix) to the cam timing. It was off by a few degrees. They used the tool another dealer sent them. Rode 167 miles and no problems. Fingers crossed......

Good luck and may you keep the positive karma going your way:whistle

Thought I best update:
I picked up my bike today frrom the dealer. They made the repair (fix) to the cam timing. It was off by a few degrees. They used the tool another dealer sent them. Rode 167 miles and no problems. Fingers crossed......
Good stuff. Glad to see an easy fix eventually. Have fun
regards
paul:drink

My 07RT does the pop and stall thing intermittantly. I have told my dealer about it and while the fix may be under warranty,I will have to pay someone to ride my bike for several days until they can duplicate the condition. Yeah right. Great bike but poor service means this is probably my last BMW. I hate to say that but almost getting killed has it's way of souring my outlook. Then there is the unresolved brake pulsation but thats for a different thread.

I was informed last night that I never reported that the FIX worked. Well, I just got back from a 2600 mile trip, with no dies. I feel confident the problem is solved. Glad this little irritation is behind me. Now, on with the miles. Thank you Mischlers (my dealer) for your follow through.

Back