• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2010 k1300gt

papaed

A couple of days ago I posted a thread about the 1200 gt breakdown.Well i bit the bullet and bought a new 1300gt,what a difference over the 1200. Smooth clutch operation and clunkless shifting,I like it.

A couple of days ago I posted a thread about the 1200 gt breakdown.Well i bit the bullet and bought a new 1300gt,what a difference over the 1200. Smooth clutch operation and clunkless shifting,I like it.

Post a picture else it didn't happen :dance

Congrats!

Test rode the 1300GT this weekend. However, I was afraid to come to a complete stop because I couldn't find the button to lower the landing gear! What a rocket. And a comfortable rocket, too. :thumb

My departed '08 K1200 GT was a big and costly dissapointment.
Hope they have improved, especially for 23,000.00 USD

dmilan

Sorry to hear that - mine has been nothing but Smiles.

I did a Saddle Sore this weekend and the weakest part was the pilot. :lurk

Thing ran flawless.......

A friend who has had probably 3 dozen new BMWs, just bought an 800GS. His 2010 K1300GT had serious stalling issues. Go figure. Thought that was fixed. Also the gas gauge didn't respond until after he went 100 miles after a fill up.

Last edited:
Clutch

I just bought a new to me K1300GT. If has what feels like a clutch shudder until you engage the clutch. Cant say mine is smooth or quite either. My 2002 K1200LT shifts smoother than the GT. Like the bike but wonder if something is wrong with it.

Tom

Any way to fix the shudder or make it shift smoother?

Mine was somewhat smoother when I started using the recommended 5W40. I presently use the BMW version, but would also use the Castrol 4T 5W40 rated Jaso MA2 (for motorcycles with wet clutch). I figure getting enough oil to the clutch basket has been an issue and BMW had started recommending the 5W about 2 years ago. A rep for BMW recommended the Castrol.
This doesn't help a lot, but did mine some, however a new clutch pack is sometimes the final answer as I read about the issue on these forums.
I read of someone who used a somewhat heavier oil and claimed smoother clutch, but maybe just a different brand was the key there. I think these engines need the 5W and why BMW came out with a bulletin on the issue.

Back