• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

1992 R100R paralever side stand

bombayduck

I did a search but couldn't come up with anything that would fit my 1992 R100R paralever. The stock sidestand is very hard for me to reach and deploy. On previous older airheads the Brown side stand was the cure but there is no model Brown for the bike I have now. Does anyone have a current link to a side stand that will fit my bike? Or possibly a method to make a Brown side stand fit my bike with a bit of modification? Thanks, Brad

Monoshock side stand

I have a Surefoot on my 1986 R80 that will work. https://www.motorworks.co.uk/side-stand-fra54673-2.html
The other alternative is a brown but it requires some mods. Boxerworks used to make an adapter for the monoshock model but no longer.
Snowbum shows this set up which I think can work but I have not tried it.
Brown-modified-using-frame-clamp.jpg
I have a like new Brown for $120 delivered if interested.

Please keep for sale, etc., off of the forum. If you want to make some member-to-member deals, please use the Private Message system! :thumb

Surefoot

The surefoot is not compatable with paralever models like my 92 R100R

I have a Surefoot on my 1986 R80 that will work. https://www.motorworks.co.uk/side-stand-fra54673-2.html
The other alternative is a brown but it requires some mods. Boxerworks used to make an adapter for the monoshock model but no longer.
Snowbum shows this set up which I think can work but I have not tried it.
View attachment 89168
I have a like new Brown for $120 delivered if interested.

Maybe just weld a little extension on its outboard side.

When the "deployment tab" broke off the centerstand on my first R75, I just drilled and tapped the stand for a 10-32 bolt and secured it with a nut (not "too" tight) and a little Loctite. Worked great.

Back