• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

LS2 Helmets

shortythorne

shortythorne
I am currently looking for a moderately priced dual sport helmet to use for dirt/gravel riding (NO single track). I want the integrated sun visor feature and do not want an aggressive mx look with goggles only. I have looked until I am cross eyed at what is available and I really like what I saw in the LS2 dual sport helmets. Does anyone have any experience with these? I do not want to spend big $$ on anything like Touratec , Arai, etc., as for the kind of riding I will be doing it is just not necessary. Thanks in advance...always good info here :).

Recently tried the LS2 on at cycle gear. Nice helmet, but I decided to stay with another Shark evo 3 modular. The LS2 is a good choice for a lower priced helmet IMO.

This video is pretty good at describing the trade-offs between cheap and expensive helmets.

I bought a shark a couple years ago, biggest POS for a helmet I ever owned. I tossed it before it wore out. Every time I took I off the liner wanted to come off with my head. The clips did not hold the liner. I should have complained to the company but didn't. I have been running HJC helmets for years and never an issue. I will admit, it was comfortable and had great ventilation.

I bought a shark a couple years ago, biggest POS for a helmet I ever owned. I tossed it before it wore out. Every time I took I off the liner wanted to come off with my head. The clips did not hold the liner. I should have complained to the company but didn't. I have been running HJC helmets for years and never an issue. I will admit, it was comfortable and had great ventilation.

First review I've seen on the shark helmets that had that issue. I've owned 3 with no, NO, such problems. QC slips from time to time in any product. :thumb

I bought an LS2 modular helmet for Susan. It's a nice helmet, reasonably quiet, fairly nice interior, pockets inside for her intercom's (Sena SM10R) remote battery. Covering the vents for winter riding are a little funky, as they're separate pieces.

Make sure your headshape is compatible with the helmet. LS2 is in the "long oval" family of helmets.

I have no knowledge of the LS2.
Several friends have the Scorpion EXO-AT950 and are happy with it.
I too am looking for a helmet and was considering the Scorpion. After watching the review vid on Revzilla, the venting could pose a summertime problem for me.
Since this is a thread questioning the LS2 helmet, how's the venting?
Bill

Last edited:
Back