• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

1991 R100 Classic paint code

Hello all. This is my first post so not really familiar how this all works so bear with me.
I wanted to pass on some info.
Came across your posts a couple weeks ago and found it very interesting. First because I have always liked this model of airhead, secondly because I have one of the missing 'Unicorns'.
The elusive 91' R100 'Classic' came to me used in 2001 from a purchase through BMW dealer and original owner. My # reads...… M6419165.
I love riding mine and hope your rejuvenation project works well. Best wishes for many miles of fun riding.

Sounds great, and you might also be interested in my Thread discussing the "R100 Trad", in many ways the predecessor to the R100 Classic https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthrea...R100CJ)-and-the-1991-92-BMW-R100-Mono-Classic

Hello all. This is my first post so not really familiar how this all works so bear with me.
I wanted to pass on some info. <snip> Came across your posts a couple weeks ago and found it very interesting.
I love riding mine and hope your rejuvenation project works well. Best wishes for many miles of fun riding.
Thanks cbacco. Maybe post up a pic for us?
I was looking forward to many miles of smiles, and I still am, but that'll be down the road a bit. The wife and I rode it several hundred miles after giving it a full service, and it ran like new. But the next morning, the garage floor showed what can happen when a bike sits unused for 23 years. Aside from the oil leakage, the guy I sold it to apparently was running some sort of "magic elixir" in the fuel which resulted in extremely thick, hard deposits all over the combustion chamber, valves, piston crown, and the unswept area at the top of the bore. This thread probably isn't the place to discuss that, so I'll post pics of the carnage in a new topic.

Stu

Sorry to hear about the bike, hope you can revive it soon.
I will get to cleaning mine up (as she's much too disheveled for display) and post some pics. Maybe another thread is better. I'll either go direct message or start a new thread.
Cheers!

Back