• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

What to do?

05biggray

2013 R 1200 RT Anniversity Edition

Hi All looking for opinions. My 13 R is perfectly fine just finished a 2800 mile ride. I, am considering trading for either another R1200 RT or go to a GSA. Friends that ride the GSA love the, however none go off road.Is the new water cooled R that much better?.
I, should say I, ride about 7 to 8 K a year current bike has 26K. I, ride the Slab when traveling and wonder about a GSA in rain and slab riding.
Thank you for any and all advice.I, should also say I, trade about every 4 years.
Dave

Last edited:
why not both?

I rode an 09 GS and loved the Jesse bags and how much stuff I could pack on it. But when it drowned, I replaced it with an RT. I have to say I like the handling better on the RT and it is better for my 30" legs. Much easier to mount the RT and fuel mileage is better on the RT. But they are older than the GSW and RTW you are looking at. A lot to like about both.

If you go for the GS.....

And you want more wind and water protection, get on the Aeroflow site. They make wonderful, high quality windshields and air deflectors.

Many friends ride the GSA and love them. They constantly try to get me to switch to the GS but I'm an RT guy all the way. So goes my vote. :wave

Back