• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Rs 1100 wheels

Hi all!
New member posting for second time! I screwed up the first time by mixing questions and market place stuff. My bad.. now for a real question.
My 1995 R 1100 RSL rear wheel is suffering from the dreaded soft steel syndrome.
Can it be straightened? Can another model supply a wheel that is not as soft? Such as , the S wheel, will it fit without modification? RT? It rides okay. No vibration. But it does concern me. Should it? Btw I had not ridden in 21 years before buying this bike.
I road it home, 1200 miles. Took my time. 3 days. I had a ball! The bike is great!
Thanks
Doug Widnall

The 17 inch rear wheels from the K1200RS and K1200LT will fit and give better tire choices. They take bolts 5mm different in length than the R1100RS wheels. Whether longer or shorter I forget. One is 55mm and the other 60mm if memory works this evening.

Looking at this service they charge from $160 to $260 per repair (plus shipping costs), why not just get a used wheel from eBay for $100 with free shipping (https://www.ebay.com/itm/334187661307 )?

If the ebay seller guarantees the straightness, trueness, and fit of the wheel that’s a good deal. If not, then it’s just added a c-note to the eventual cost of getting the bike back on the road. I don’t generally buy much on fleabay anymore due to past experience with some vendors there; others may be more comfortable there. YMMV, as always.

Best,
DeVern

If the ebay seller guarantees the straightness, trueness, and fit of the wheel that’s a good deal. If not, then it’s just added a c-note to the eventual cost of getting the bike back on the road. I don’t generally buy much on fleabay anymore due to past experience with some vendors there; others may be more comfortable there. YMMV, as always.

This one actually says the wheel was spin tested and in all cases if there is any damage not stated in the description you can always return item and get a refund. Even if seller states item is non-returnable if you find something not working properly you can send it back and dispute it with eBay, they're good at working with you and protecting you. I buy most of my online purchases from eBay for 19 years now, HOWEVER I have to warn people to avoid Chinese sellers, they have terrible reputations and I also had to send back several items or ask for refund. The trick is before you buy something click on the seller's name and then on 'About' because there it states where they are actually located - the item they are selling might be in US but make sure seller is not from China. If seller located in China I completely refuse to buy anything from them as I also got burned with several of them. Any US/Canada or European sellers I really had good luck with.

Screenshot 2023-07-20 at 2.19.46 PM.jpg

Back