• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Acceptable Engine Heat? 14 GSA

anywhere

Hey everyone. Maybe I wanted perspective but here I am. I care off a Super Tenere which has no heat but no power. I love this machine, but I definitely seem to get a ton of engine heat on my right side boot. Maybe it’s just something I have to accept for all the positives this bike gives otherwise. Maybe I notice it more now because I’m in Georgia.

I think it is not heat coming off the engine directly but rather heat radiating off the muffler and other exhaust elements. No mere coincidence that the heat is only on the right where the muffler is. A fellow over on ADVRIDER fabricated a shield using cardboard (yes cardboard) and claimed it alleviated the problem. Perhaps someone will produce a more sophisticated shield.

I live in south Georgia and I get a little more heat coming off both sides of my 16 GSA, as compared to my previous R1150RS. Barely noticeable though... just think of the advantages during the winter months!

Back