• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Hex Ezcxan setting for Rear LED Flash on Deceleration

I have a 2014 BMW 1200 GSW. I recently installed a Hex Ezcan to operate my LED lights, Denali Soundbomb and my Hyperlight LED tail lights.

My settings for the Hyperlights are:

Rear Light 20%
Brake Light 100%
California Legal with Emergency Stop Signal Enabled

Extra Settings:

Adjust left/right LED Flash Intensity 100%
Adjust Brake Nuisance Flashing Threshold 15 KM/HH
Adjust Emergency Stop Signal Deceleration Sensitivity LESS

Today, I went riding with a friend following me. When I put on the brake, the hyperlights would flash and then stay on (Californinia Legal).
Whenever, I decelerated (high and low speeds) The hyperlights would not flash.

What have I done wrong?
What settings have those with an Ezcan on your 1200 GSW have so that your deceleration function flashes your rear LEDS when you decelerate?

You need a pretty significant braking input to activate this feature, the instructions say 21km/h/sec which works out to 19 feet/second/second or about 0.6 gee (1 gee stops you in about 140 feet, give or take, from 60 mph).

Were you braking hard enough?

You need a pretty significant braking input to activate this feature, the instructions say 21km/h/sec which works out to 19 feet/second/second or about 0.6 gee (1 gee stops you in about 140 feet, give or take, from 60 mph).

Were you braking hard enough?

The California Legal with Emergency Stop Signal Enabled feature works every time I apply the brakes.

The GW Wetheads really scrub off speed whenever you roll off the throttle quickly. It's the Deceleration warning flash that has not worked on my bike.

I've had other riders (riding behind me, and yes, they follow a safe distance behind me) ask me to apply the brake to activate my California flash to warn them when I roll off the throttle because they say the GSW really scrubs off speed very fast.

The deceleration warning was one of the main reasons I bought the Ezcan.

Back