• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Dyna beads + TPM's

IBA# 5819
Any experience using Dyna-beads in tires with TPM's?
Any input pro or con would be appreciated.

Thanks

Joe

Dyna beads

No TPM on my bike but had new Metzeler Z6 tires put on bike front tire balanced with dyna beads think I do not like enough that I will spend the money to remove tire and remove beads remount tire and balance it right and see if the vibration or kind of a rumble goes away
Bike 1994 R1100RS 80,000 miles original suspension ( yes I know it might be the beads)

Did punctuation just become too expensive to use? Is there somewhere I can get a weekly/monthly/yearly supply at a good price?

:banghead

My company sold Dyna-beads a long time ago when I was still with them. We sold, literally, thousands of pounds a year.

The net benefit was labour cost from traditional balancing. It takes time to balance a tire traditionally and therefore, the associated labour cost.

However, after taking several of these tires apart, I can say with authority that carcass erosion was significant.

I am going with a SWAG here and say that if the carcass erosion I saw was that severe, a TPMS sensor will experience the same.

Punctuation

Did punctuation just become too expensive to use? Is there somewhere I can get a weekly/monthly/yearly supply at a good price?

Sense your paying with Canadian Dollars, every third or forth post gets no punctuation. :type:type:type

Sense your paying with Canadian Dollars, every third or forth post gets no punctuation. :type:type:type

Well, at least there's an explanation. :laugh

"Since you're....every third or fourth ....."

Looks like spelling is at a premium, too.

Last edited:
:punctuation, for, Sale!!

Why, of course there is! Step right in! For one week, only, you yourself, and anyone else for that matter, can find great values on punctuation, and side brgins on corec spelng, of the type normally found, for free, on keyboards all over the world (!) at great, special, prices! Just go to, www.punctuationsalenicht.com and, for those who aren't familiar, you will, for the most part, find nothing at all, because this URL is, entirely, bogus and just for, you guessed it, the laudable, worthy, and inane, purposes of exalting, what is certainly, questionable, humor well above, of course, logic, and especially, beyond all reason. I gurentea it!

Here's some of the punctuation you'll find at specil prices:
, . : ; ! and many mor! Accept no substituties!!

33 commas... I think, at no charge.

Last edited:
No, no, it's really ok...

Well, at least there's an explanation. :laugh

"Since you're....every third or fourth ....."

Looks like spelling is at a premium, too.

It's really Ok. You just have to read between the lines:
"Sense your paying with Canadian Dollars, every third or forth post gets no punctuation," really means,

"I sense that your act of paying with Canadian dollars, every third or, when coming forth to make the fourth post, gets no punctuation."

right? Right? RIGHT? It's all in the choice of perspective.

No offense meant - everyone's free game in here as long as the spirit of humor between all of us is preserved. Me included.

Dyna Beads Bad

My company sold Dyna-beads a long time ago when I was still with them. We sold, literally, thousands of pounds a year.

The net benefit was labour cost from traditional balancing. It takes time to balance a tire traditionally and therefore, the associated labour cost.

However, after taking several of these tires apart, I can say with authority that carcass erosion was significant.

I am going with a SWAG here and say that if the carcass erosion I saw was that severe, a TPMS sensor will experience the same.

Absolutely agree. It's my experience that putting anything but standard air in a tire or inner tube is bad juju. Nothing I've seen my friends add to tires or tubes that isn't air has ever turned out well, including dyna beads.

What problem did you have?

Vibration that wouldn't go away wether I put in the correct amount or some more or less beads in the front tire.I was on the TAT while this happened and fortunately brought my MP balancer and weights with me. A campfire and a few brews and laughs later, the issue was fixelated :D

How would the beads ever come in contact with the TPMS ?.

How would the beads ever come in contact with the TPMS ?.

Not sure about our bikes, never had one apart but most TPMS sensors are inside the tire. When you bust the bead on a conventional tire, if in doubt, always opposite the stem. If you use a machine to demount like we do, it comes with a special tool to pull the inside part of the tire, the bead, clear of the sensor.

Some OE's tell you that the TPMS should be removed from the rim before removing the tire.

They do break off!! Ask me how I know!!

Not sure about our bikes, never had one apart but most TPMS sensors are inside the tire. When you bust the bead on a conventional tire, if in doubt, always opposite the stem. If you use a machine to demount like we do, it comes with a special tool to pull the inside part of the tire, the bead, clear of the sensor.

Some OE's tell you that the TPMS should be removed from the rim before removing the tire.

They do break off!! Ask me how I know!!
I've changed hundreds of tires with the BMW TPMS & the sensor is part of the valve stem. Centrifugal force wouldn't allow the beads to contact the sensor. About 25% of my customers prefer the Dyna Beads & the TPMS has never been a problem.

Dyna bead removal`

Any way to get beads out without total tire removal?

Poke a big hole in the bottom of the tire? Take out the valve stem, turn the bike down and shake rapidly? Or you could just remove the tire and wonder why you ever put those things in there in the first place. :)

Friedle

Poke a big hole in the bottom of the tire? Take out the valve stem, turn the bike down and shake rapidly? Or you could just remove the tire and wonder why you ever put those things in there in the first place. :)

Friedle

Could you poke a small hole in tire and use air pressure to shoot them out? Than you could plug the hole and be done

Back