• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

preferred tires for K 75S

KARSTEN

couple of weeks ago I purchased a '95 K75S with about 65000 miles on it, went and did all the stuff that I thought needed to be done, all fresh fluids, filters, synched throttle bodies, new plugs, adjusted clutch and lubed cable ends, new Progressive shock. The only items left to be done are the fork oil and fresh brake fluid. The tires are Lasertecs and will need to be replaced soon. What are good tires for these bikes? Not doing any super sport riding, looking for something that can handle a good load, rider and luggage, good wet performance, stick and last a good while. I know I am asking a lot. I have read a bit where some folks run mismatched sets, what is a good set up?

I would look at the Michelin Pilot Activ also. I just bought a set of Shinko 712's of my '87 K75 good tire, I've put a couple hundred miles on them so far....best thing...they were $100 for front and rear shipped to my door

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look at the Pichelin Pilot Power

looked at Michilin's web site, does not look like they offer that tire in size needed, 100/90-18 and the 130/90-17. They do in the Pilot Activ model. Also, are there any issues with changing from original, recommended bias ply tire to radial ?

looked at Michilin's web site, does not look like they offer that tire in size needed, 100/90-18 and the 130/90-17. They do in the Pilot Activ model. Also, are there any issues with changing from original, recommended bias ply tire to radial ?

I mis-spoke. When I typed Pilot Power I meant Pilot Activ.

K75 Tires

I like Avon AM 26 RoadRiders. Used "em for years. Just put a rear one on this morning. $126 and installed it myself.
I'm way past WFO but they will handle serious sporting as well as what is close to if not overloaded pillion/luggage touring.
Charlie

Back