• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Bag spots

I wonder if any one else has these little pale white spots on the bag lids . I dont want to use an abrasive to clean it off . I`ve tried the usual plastic protectants (armor all etc) . Any ideas on how to clean these spots off? Thanks ,Charlie

I'm not sure if you have something on them or if they are bleached out??? The best product I've found for all black plastic is Mothers Back to Black. It's available most anywhere including Wally-World (automotive section). If it doesn't cure your problem I'm sure you will find many other uses for it around your bike and cages.

chasgrips45 said:
I wonder if any one else has these little pale white spots on the bag lids . I dont want to use an abrasive to clean it off . I`ve tried the usual plastic protectants (armor all etc) . Any ideas on how to clean these spots off? Thanks ,Charlie

A crazy suggestion but when I lived down there, I used to get those spots and eventually found them to be mineral spots from water droplets after washing cars and bikes as the water is really loaded with them...well it was in Clearwater where I was in any case. If this is what it is, try a little TSP from Home Depot (Trisodiumphosphate) and mix with water and the acid rain related spots will come right out, and for the minerals some C.L.R. or similar commercial product would help to dissolve mineral deposits, well after you get the armor all off them first...lol

Last edited:
What are the spots from?

chasgrips45 said:

If the spots are pine sap, use Rain-X on a clean rag and it will remove it amazingly easy! This works on any surface (paint, plastic, glass, etc.) An old trick I learned in New England.

Back