• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Ugh....it was only a matter of time

A

andy45320

This being my first riding season, every experience has been new. For the first time this year, on a day I wanted to ride, I could not because of the weather. Watched the news this morning, showed light right with temps in the upper 30's. I thought cool, I nice chilly ride into work. Throw on the winter gear, open the garage door and see light snow coming down and sticking on my car and drive way :( I feel as though I have been cheated out of some money...damn you evil weather man. Guess I will have to settle for a day here and there from now on until spring. Only 30 more years and I can retire to winter somewhere down south (anywhere but Florida).

Fritzc said:
Snow in Ohio already???
I'm jealous here in central Michigan!

Yes, very odd as our average is in the 60's this time of year. It looks like tomorrow will be the same, right on the edge of freezing temps, with continued rain. Changed the engine and gearbox oil tonight, so I am riding it tomorrow for sure...just hope I don't get stranded at work :)

BubbaZanetti said:
andy,

have you checked out the rounder's website and forum yet???

http://www.yearroundriders.com/

Oh yeah, I am aware of you all you crazy nuts...plan on joining the ranks this year as well...common sense is trying to kick in when I see snow and ice. Makes me long for a nice day of down pouring rain in the 80's

andy45320 said:
Oh yeah, I am aware of you all you crazy nuts...plan on joining the ranks this year as well...common sense is trying to kick in when I see snow and ice. Makes me long for a nice day of down pouring rain in the 80's

yeah, its threatening snow here tonight as well, i probably would have taken the bike anyway if not for the monsoon i woke up to this morning, on days like this i'm not so saddened by having to take the cage as i am worried that my bike is gonna blow over in the wind while i'm at work
:uhoh

andy45320 said:

Dont they make snow tires & chains for bikes??

Back