• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

group buy wilbers shocks

Waht about a group buy

• I am ready to buy

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Depends on the price

Votes: 28 84.8%
  • Rather have Ohlins

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters
I guess we'll have to wait for an answer from Wilber. :lurk
Thanks for the effort!! :clap

lorazepam said:
Ok I will get to work on a discount. I will report back soon, cant ride now anyway

Ask 'em if the can change the name so I don't think about Mr. Ed everytime I hear the name "Wilbers". :laugh

I have emailed the Rep at two different addresses, with no response. I am guessing that they arent interested in a gorup buy, but if they ever reply I will let everyone know.

lorazepam said:
I have emailed the Rep at two different addresses, with no response. I am guessing that they arent interested in a gorup buy, but if they ever reply I will let everyone know.

At least you tried. Thanks for making the effort.

lorazepam said:

Are you on the right site? http://wilbersusa.com/wilbers/index.htm

I would phone. The guy asks about 4 questions for each shock order.
1. your weight?
2. your passenger's weight?
3. your luggage weight?
4. your riding style?

There is a group buy going on at the Advrider.com site. You have to pm Ajay for details. Search for wilbers groupbuy and it should pop-up.
Just ordered mine from Wilbers. :D

Your effort is appreciated

lorazepam said:

Gail, thanks for your time and effort, it is appreciated.

riderR1150GSAdv said:
There is a group buy going on at the Advrider.com site. You have to pm Ajay for details. Search for wilbers groupbuy and it should pop-up.
Just ordered mine from Wilbers. :D

that might explain why I got no response. He may not want to sell all his shocks in a group buy fashion.

lorazepam said:
that might explain why I got no response. He may not want to sell all his shocks in a group buy fashion.

He may not want to, but then again there is a month delivery time on the shocks now. There is a deadline for this deal :deal so if you want/need them better check it out fast on advrider.

I don't mean to spam the group, but...

If you're one of the "depends on the price" people, consider talking to Ted Porter this week. Ted runs the BeemerShop, an indie service shop. He's going to be getting a great price on Ohlins shocks, but only for the next week.

The deal is that Parts Unlimited, the Ohlins distributor in the US is offering dealers a big discount, and Ted is trying to take advantage of this and pass it along. It's worth a phone call to see if you can save enough to make it worthwhile.

Disclaimer: I do Ted's web site. Otherwise, I'm just a happy customer.

Back