• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New Panjo Marketplace Feedback Thread

Shipping Calculator Problem

To Panjo Support Team:

Trying to complete a transaction but can't get past shipping calculation step. When I type/select the city in Step 1, I get a message that Panjo is experiencing error. Shipping rates do not appear and I cannot proceed to Step 2.

Please advise.

To Panjo Support Team:

Trying to complete a transaction but can't get past shipping calculation step. When I type/select the city in Step 1, I get a message that Panjo is experiencing error. Shipping rates do not appear and I cannot proceed to Step 2.

Please advise.

Sorry for the inconvenience this error may be causing on your end. Sometimes there are issues with the cache/cookies, try visiting panjo.com/error to reset/clear the cookies and try again. If that doesn't work, please contact us at support@panjo.com and we'll help sort that out for you :)

Link to flea market is broken.

The link from the MOA page to the Member Flea Market is broken. The link directs the user to the TESLA Owners page.

I just bought something and hit the print button and nothing happened. I went to the IE menu and it printed.

potential buyer complains; zendesk un-support

#1: in the middle of a negotiation conversation thread, all our previous messages disappeared. i reported to zendesk, no response.

#2: my buyer and i re-confirmed price on some parts from a parts bike, but then he reports he was unable to purchase. "Panjo wants me to buy the whole bike" was his report.

i realize this is still a relatively new mechanism for BMWMOA, but so far i have two thumbs down.

#1: in the middle of a negotiation conversation thread, all our previous messages disappeared. i reported to zendesk, no response.

#2: my buyer and i re-confirmed price on some parts from a parts bike, but then he reports he was unable to purchase. "Panjo wants me to buy the whole bike" was his report.

i realize this is still a relatively new mechanism for BMWMOA, but so far i have two thumbs down.

Apologies for the delay, we try our best to respond within 24 hours. Regarding to #1, it is possible you may have accidentally "Archived" your message thread. Once your respondent messages you again, it will appear back in your inbox or you can retrieve the messages through your email.

In response to #2, you mentioned your listing had numerous parts. When a potential buyer attempts to purchase an item, they are prompted to pay the amount you entered in as your listing price. If you agree on a price, you can edit your listing to reflect that price and change the name of your listing to the name of the part you are selling. We generally encourage users to separate their partouts into individual listings. This is so buyers don't run into confusion with regards to what item they are purchasing (and for how much) and so that we can offer our buyer/seller protection guarantees facilitating a transaction every step of the way.

If you have any further questions, feel free to write back or give us a call.

Best,
Brian at Panjo

fix panjo, don't blame your users

Brian,

sorry but i'm afraid it seems like you are
ignoring user experience lesson#1 and
trying to modify TWO user behaviors instead of
making panjo conform to their expectations:

> Every time a user
>> presses the "Contact Seller" button, a new thread is created in your
>> inbox. The buyer should be responding directly to the thread, instead of
>> creating a new message thread with you each time.

panjo should connect all messages between the same
two participants within a single thread

> All you have to do is
>> edit your listing to reflect the agreed upon price and have the buyer
>> purchase it. Listings function as one-item transaction. We always
>> encourage people to split their partouts into individual listings to
>> prevent this confusion for what the buyer is purchasing and for how
>> much. It helps to organize your listings and helps Panjo facilitate each
>> individual transaction.

no offense, but convenience for panjo is not very
high on my priority list. i am "parting out" a bike.
so far i have a single listing just saying that,
natural as can be. as i pull it apart, i will continue
to edit to list all the parts, changing as i sell
things.

or you can do nothing, and i'll advertise/sell using
other mechanisms.

In response to #2, you mentioned your listing had numerous parts. When a potential buyer attempts to purchase an item, they are prompted to pay the amount you entered in as your listing price. If you agree on a price, you can edit your listing to reflect that price and change the name of your listing to the name of the part you are selling. We generally encourage users to separate their partouts into individual listings. This is so buyers don't run into confusion with regards to what item they are purchasing (and for how much) and so that we can offer our buyer/seller protection guarantees facilitating a transaction every step of the way.

If you have any further questions, feel free to write back or give us a call.

Best,
Brian at Panjo
I have parted out several bikes over the last few years.

Stop for 1 minute and think how many individual parts are on a motorcycle.
Individual listings would be ridiculous.

Every other flea market has all the parts available in one ad and sellers "cross off" items as they are sold.
1 stop shopping for the listed Model/year of machine.
Communication / bartering / payment is done in PM's including shipping cost calculations.

The ADV Riders flea market is the largest that I know of and it works extremely well.
Model the MOA's the same.

Brian,

sorry but i'm afraid it seems like you are
ignoring user experience lesson#1 and
trying to modify TWO user behaviors instead of
making panjo conform to their expectations:

> Every time a user
>> presses the "Contact Seller" button, a new thread is created in your
>> inbox. The buyer should be responding directly to the thread, instead of
>> creating a new message thread with you each time.

panjo should connect all messages between the same
two participants within a single thread

> All you have to do is
>> edit your listing to reflect the agreed upon price and have the buyer
>> purchase it. Listings function as one-item transaction. We always
>> encourage people to split their partouts into individual listings to
>> prevent this confusion for what the buyer is purchasing and for how
>> much. It helps to organize your listings and helps Panjo facilitate each
>> individual transaction.

no offense, but convenience for panjo is not very
high on my priority list. i am "parting out" a bike.
so far i have a single listing just saying that,
natural as can be. as i pull it apart, i will continue
to edit to list all the parts, changing as i sell
things.

or you can do nothing, and i'll advertise/sell using
other mechanisms.

I absolutely agree with your points that they should be connected. This is definitely something our team is working on developing further.

Every other flea market has all the parts available in one ad and sellers "cross off" items as they are sold.
Communication / bartering / payment is done in PM's including shipping cost calculations.

The ADV Riders flea market is the largest that I know of and it works extremely well.

Thank you for your valuable insight and for providing that as reference! I will look into this further and present it to the rest of the team as we explore multi-part listings. :)

I had an item listed that is now marked Sold. However, I never received and email notification and when I try to view the Order Details, a blank screen pops up and nothing happens except it appears to be trying to load. The listing was for R1200R Touring Windshield and mount posted 12/13/15. How do I find out if this actually sold or if it was a glitch?

+1

With so many other places to buy m/c related items, it makes no sense to continue to use Panjo.

Members must remember that Panjo is NOT the MOA. They are a commercial service that MOA uses. They use the same format to sell many different things. They are not a motorcycle specific app.

BMW Sports Touring forum, Internet BMW Riders and ADV riders have a much easier flea market interface. Plus, ADV riders has many, many, many more listings and ACTIVE users.

I had an item listed that is now marked Sold. However, I never received and email notification and when I try to view the Order Details, a blank screen pops up and nothing happens except it appears to be trying to load. The listing was for R1200R Touring Windshield and mount posted 12/13/15. How do I find out if this actually sold or if it was a glitch?

Feel free to shoot us an email at support@panjo.com and I'll be happy to look into this order for you.

+1

With so many other places to buy m/c related items, it makes no sense to continue to use Panjo.

Members must remember that Panjo is NOT the MOA. They are a commercial service that MOA uses. They use the same format to sell many different things. They are not a motorcycle specific app.

BMW Sports Touring forum, Internet BMW Riders and ADV riders have a much easier flea market interface. Plus, ADV riders has many, many, many more listings and ACTIVE users.

Thanks for your valuable insight! We're currently looking into ways to redesign the format of our listings, so we'll definitely keep these in mind. Cheers!

How come my Panjo ad is now live but not showing on this forum?

What is the process?

12:34 PM today

09 R 1200 GS

Never mind.

Another screwy Panjo transaction.

Not only do you have to choose a marketplace, I chose MOA

You also then have to check another box to have it appear here.

Seems silly that you would want it in the MOA marketplace but not want it to appear on this forum. I would think you have to opt out of this forum, rather than opt in.

But that's just me. Perhaps that makes perfect sense to someone at Panjo.

Back