• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Storage gear?

Polarbear

Polarbear
I have two complete 6' cabinets in garage, storing most of my gear/camping and the like for touring. Its gets to be a challenge taking inventory sometimes, just finding stuff in there! BUT its a fun thing I guess, as most of it is most valuable tools of the trade, biker camping/touring:). The collections must be large like mine for many out there also, just wonder? My NEW Redverz2 Tent has yet to see the road on the back of my GSA, but WILL soon. Its my latest attempt at simplifying my camp, even with bigger Redverz design, it seems so simple and livable. Anybody done this and I did get some feedback here a few months back as I shopped this new one. Well anyhow, stuff is scattered all about my garage as I prepare a lot of touring again this Summer. What to use and what stays behind. A lighter GSA sure sounds appealing, but now looking to pack my NEWEST GLOCK SPADE, just added for those pesky digouts and the like us GSA folks get into on occasion. A neat tool I have been looking at for years, now bought one. I read its where the famous gun company(GLOCK) got its start, making Glock Spades for the Armies of Europe and the like. Happy Trails, Randy

I use large, see through. labelled bins, stored in the basement for travel gear. There must be about 14 large bins; one for each tent, one for each sleeping bag; one for bag liners, etc. Of course most of stays at home when I travel. Like you Randy, depends on the weather, the rally, or the destination as to what gear travels on each trip. How do we accumulate so much? :dunno

I'll never know:)

I'm not so perfect in storing my goods! I have shelves dedicated to certain items, like camp kitchen, sleeping pads and so on. Its gets scrambled too often, but like a kid with his first set of building blocks, I get after it and take inventory once or twice a year. 5 tents, about a dozen sleeping bags and on and on. Guess I'm addicted to it, always looking for the best/better idea. Randy

Back