• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Loading Routes into a Zumo 550

tmwilmotte

I recently loaded four trip routes into my Zumo 550, but I had to do it one route at a time. I couldn't get the Zumo to accept four routes sent to the device individually without "managing" each route one at a time by disconnecting the Zumo from my computer before loading another route. (My Old Garmin 2720 was much easier and faster.) Am I missing something here, or is there an easier/faster way to load multiple routes? :dunno

^^^^^^

First, how are you creating the routes? If Mapsource, just create a route, then use Edit | New Route and you can add however many you need. Then just upload as usual.

Keep in mind you transfer Folders to your Zumo, not routes. What's inside the folder gets loaded.

It's kind of like iTunes creating playlists: You have your everything folder or "My Collection" and then individual folders.

You can make a folder with a name like "Summer 2012 Trip" or 'Sunday rides" for example. From there you create your trip routes or Waypoints while the folder is selected. Everything will always be in your "My collection" folder. To create a new folder select from file menu "New List" and name the folder whatever you like.

That's why it will ask you you check off whether you want Routes and or Waypoints transferred at the time you select "Transfer to device". You shouldn't have to check off "Maps" being transferred, just Waypoints and Routes.

Let us know if that works. You can also drag things from one folder to the other at least using a Mac with Basecamp.

Back