• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

bike is just about ready for my Alaska trip...

Impressive Array of Electronics

:jawdrop

It appears that you'll never be lost, bored, stopped by a mountie or miss any emails. Where's the fun in that? Oh yeah, I would keep an eye out for the bears and moose though......that might be interesting, or do you have a laser weapon installed that you're not telling us about..... :rofl

"So do I Roy...you just went off on a tangent."

Hey Global....I'm just poken' fun at you poken' fun!

Hey Marc F.....Rule number 1 about fishing......."fish where there are fish!" Nothing like Quebec for fishing! Up there you can catch fish, and big fish!, with a paperclip and a piece of dental flosse.

Hey the rest of you guys that don't have gadget affliction.....BMA!...:)
GA is a very serious malady. It affects one out of every two motorcycle riders. We hide JC Whiney catalogs in the basement.....Don't even mantion Touratech around us! In a mall, we usually can be found a Sharper Image, Brookstones or a kitchen supply store. We buy tools and gizmos for our workshops and never open them. Years later we rediscover them, but we already bought another one so we don't need the first one! But man do we have good tag (yard) sales!

RoyB said:
GA is a very serious malady.

So is the internet and forums. Good thing winter is almost over. I don't spend nearly as much time as I used to on the net.

I spent the evening doing a layout on a piece of 1/8" stainless steel to accept GiVi mounting hardware. After drilling, tapping and deburring the holes and mounting the GiVi hardware, the E52 Maxia fit perfectly. After I trim the plate for styling, it'll get glassbeaded to match the White Aluminium finish of my Adventure gas tank. Four spacers will hold the plate a 1/4" off the rear carrier.

It is turning out nice and as expected. :thumb A heck of a lot better than what GiVi has for a mounting kit.

It looks like GA in in full swing there Roy. Nice stuff!! I dont know what the mythology of traveling to Alaska is but its really no big deal. Some dirt roads under construction and areas of really loose gravel in Northern B.C. and Yukon. The most likely problem you will encounter is puttering behind long lines of weekend RVers in B.C. on the two lane roads.
Take a MAP!! and keep your gas tank as full as often as you can around the 100 mile mark.
When you see signs in B.C. off of the road near some two tracks that go into the woods that say "Do not enter, Poisonous Gas" I was told later that they store old Chemical weapons there from WWII.. Alex, maybe you can expound?
All you really need is cash, tire patch stuff, wet weather gear and yes, a map. I did it from Phoenix AZ to Anchorage on my TDM 850 in '97. Dont go too overbored! Oh yeah, and take a camera. I hope you have the best time of your life!!!!! :clap :clap :clap

Back