• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Lots of browsers, little posters

Well better that than end up with tons of threads and posts filled with nothing but small talk...and you see a lot of that, especially on other forums.

I can't help but :rolleyes at some of the thread topics.

Global Rider said:
Well better that than end up with tons of threads and posts filled with nothing but small talk...and you see a lot of that, especially on other forums.

I can't help but :rolleyes at some of the thread topics.

I agree with the caviat that sometimes what causes :rolleyes for some can also cause :clap from others. It is when it turns into :stick that we need to take time out for a :drink

FYI we just passed the two year mark and I think things are going pretty well.

Best,

Rob Nye said:
I agree with the caviat that sometimes what causes :rolleyes for some can also cause :clap from others.
Best,

Rob, I guess it all depends on one's expectations and how one wants to spend their time.

Here is just one example of many that I pulled off another forum...

"The Perfect Bike". Like at what? Moto GP, motocross, trials, touring? Didn't even bother opening it. Maybe thread topics could be worded better.

"Do you ride to work?". Yes, no, whatever. Big deal.

Whatever turns someone's crank, I guess.

You could always join Shira's site for the K1200's. The havent even come out yet and he has members.

Nothing New or Original, but, by God, It's Posted!

I don't post much because I figure that nobody really needs to read a lot of "me too"s and "you said it"s, or even "F---in' A!"s; and most of the time, that's all I have to say.
OK, now that I have posted a totally useless and uninteresting comment, I have to log off and get back to work.

BeemoKat said:
I don't post much because I figure that nobody really needs to read a lot of "me too"s and "you said it"s, or even "F---in' A!"s; and most of the time, that's all I have to say.

You mean like those really informative one liners like...

Cool! :thumb

I can't handle the information overload. ;)

Man Up, Dawg!

Global Rider said:
You mean like those really informative one liners like...

Cool! :thumb

I can't handle the information overload. ;)

F---in' A right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my dad used to tell me that i have two ears and one mouth, and so i should listen more than i speak. that was good advice.

i've adapted it to these online forums - i've got two eyes and ten fingers, so i should post more than i read.

:D

username said:
my dad used to tell me that i have two ears and one mouth, and so i should listen more than i speak. that was good advice.

i've adapted it to these online forums - i've got two eyes and ten fingers, so i should post more than i read.

:D
Butt, how many fingers do you use??? Seems that you can never find the shift key. Is it the "hunt, peck and cuss" method? One or two fingers?? :stick Let's see, one finger, two eyes. :dunno :stick

:D :D
tb

Bullit 7801 said:
Butt, how many fingers do you use??? Seems that you can never find the shift key. Is it the "hunt, peck and cuss" method? One or two fingers?? :stick Let's see, one finger, two eyes. :dunno :stick

:D :D
tb

Hey leave my friend username alone. He has a lack of self esteem that keeps him from making his I's higher case. Since he does that the voices in his head told him not to use the shift key at all.

I tend to lurk more than post, because I am a young one in the BMW world and have much more to learn than to share.

When I get home from work I like to have a beer and read through the threads that interest me. :drink

It's like eves dropping on a conversation at a bar, but better, because I am at home in my PJs, don't have to talk if I don't want to, nobody is hitting on me... and most important, the conversation is always about motorcycles. :D

I think you should post more, if only so that we can see your cute little mouse with the helmet.

Reminds me of some childrens books I read when I was little, about a mouse who could ride toy motorcycles. I think they made a movie about it recently. I loved those books.

Here I go again, shooting my mouth off. I think this will make 13 posts for me. I've only been on for a month. Makes me feel a little too verbose.

selil said:
I've been lurking since 1993, but heck I've posted like five times in the last week. I guess I'm just motor-mouthing again. I'll go back to lurk/hibernation mode.

Yeah, but have you noticed the other extreme?

On some forums I have seem posters with 15,000 or more posts and they've been registered for about the same amount of time as I have.

Now lets figure that one out. 15,000 post at at least 2 minutes per post if they are adding any information of value (I'm being conservative on the 2 minutes). That works out to 500 hours or almost 21 days of solid posting. That doesn't even include the time it takes to browse in order to reply. Scary!

Then again, they may also bumped that number up by simply posting one liners or a simple icon. :dunno

I would post more because I always have something to say :blah , but I don't want to scare anyone by revealing my true thoughts. :evil

Back