• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Hello from Ohio

An intro from a new forum member. I have posted a few questions already in the wrenching section ( HERE ) so we'll intro here now.

Long time rider of 30+ years. Beemer owner some 20+ now. Casual rider and commuting...not much time for touring though we did plenty of that long ago. At present down to three bikes after selling my '93 PD...

2432418910053518643S600x600Q85.jpg

I still have my '95 R1100RSL (the subject of my thread in the Oilheads link above)...

2959124000053518643S600x600Q85.jpg

I surely do love that motorcycle. It has perfect ergos for me and that hasn't happened very often. It supplies everything I've needed in a bike. I only have a 22 mile commute but this makes it a joy. I did manage to ride it to work every single day one year...that even means winter in Ohio. Occasionallly we'll have a dry winter with minimal snow and ice!

I also still have my '80 R100S but haven't a pic hosted. It is currently the trooper until I revive that oilhead...and we will.

Final bike may not be welcome here but it is a '97 Guzzi 1100i Sport...

MGYellow-1.jpg

What a terrific sounding machine that is. Crummy injection but it gets by. Lots of character though.

Other interests are light aircraft. I have a couple airplanes. One I've built and another antique.
Occupation is a mold maker and are we busy right now! Not much time for anything with 65 hour weeks!

That is my MOA number up there so I have been a member awhile. And yes, that's Kino as my avatar!
See y'all around! :wow

Welcome to the forum, long time member! Nice array of bikes...Guzzi's have always intrigued me. Sounds like you have a few toys to keep you busy.

..Guzzi's have always intrigued me...

They are interesting machines. I do not know much about the new ones beyond 2000. But the engine is akin to the ol' Beemer airheads...tough, reliable, simple. The rest of the bike is quite satisfactory except at the time the one shown above was produce some Italian faults were still present: The dry clutch is noisy, the gear box works just fine but is not snick snick easy...you make deliberate shifts. The Italians seem to have a difficult time producing rubber parts. They rot and crack and then crumble before your very eyes! Same with shiny plating, be it chrome or bright zinc. It deteriorates automatically...on its own! But the design is sound and makes for a really nice ride.

Back