• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Jacket Help

wvcajun

Certified Speed Freak
I currently have a FG Kilimanjaro. I like everything about the jacket, except the length. Does anyone have any suggestions on a jacket that has all the features of a Kili but in a short/sport version?

MG :dunno

Thanks Loraz

Of all the searching of internet sites and the hundreds of jackets I looked at, I didn't see the Kenya once. It looks perfectly like the Kili only shorter. How thick is the material compared to the Kili and are there vents in the sleeves?

MG

If you email Rusty there at MC closeouts, he will be happy to answer any questions you may have. I have delt with him several times, and he is a great guy. If you are going to get rid of your Kilimanjaro, let me know via email or PM.

Belstaff Mercury Jacket

I am getting out of a joe rocket balistic that has the longer cut and have purchased a Belstaff Mercury Jacket for this season. I just picked it up and am waiting for the snow to melt to try it out. picked it up at the motorcycle show, none of the local dealers carry it.

My neighbor has the jacket and really likes it ,says that it does well in the rain, really warm but is not hot in the summer, (minnesota, he rides brand "H"). I looked at it and purchased on his recommendation. Has fewer pockets, good CE body armour, does not come with back armour however so that is an extra purchase. fit and finnish is very good and overall looks like a very good upgrade from a joe rocket.

real test will be in the cold rain this spring.

hope this helps..

I would Love...

to get Rukka or BMW anything, but I can't justify spending that kind of chedder on clothing.

MG

Rukka

I know the Rukka is outrageously expensive, and I had to really think about it for a while. I bought it anyway, because it took the place of three other jackets. It is cool when the weather gets hot, and with the liner in and inflated it keeps me warm in the coldest weather I'm ever going to be riding in. They also guarantee it for five years. Before I bought the Rukka I had the Joe Rocket Phoenix for hot weather, the Darien for weather that looked threatening and the HD FXRG midweight jacket for most riding. Once I got the Rukka I sold the other three. Just something to think about when you consider cost versus value.

Joe rocket

Does anyone have any experience with Joe Rocket jackets, the Metoer 4 in particular. I saw that one on a website and it looks like what I want. Any opinions on durability, warmth, cooling, or waterproofness?
I think I will try to get to a store in Columbus soon so I can actually put my fingers on some jackets and try them on. Internet shopping is good, but it is no substitute for the real thing.

Thanks,
MG

Joe Rocket

I have the Ballistic Jacket, and it works great for me when I use it. I think Joe Rocket products are a good value for the money. If it is cold and looks like I will get wet, I use the ballistic instead of the leathers. It has good armor and a fleece liner. Got it for 100 bucks new, on closeout. Doesnt matter what year it was made, it just ends up wearing out anyway. Iron Pony has a great selection, but expect to pay tax and a little higher price in the store.

wvcajun said:
I currently have a FG Kilimanjaro. I like everything about the jacket, except the length. Does anyone have any suggestions on a jacket that has all the features of a Kili but in a short/sport version?

MG :dunno

You might look at a TourMaster, either a Cortech Advanced 3/4 or a Cortech Advanced Sport (shorter). I'm on my second Cortech 3/4 and the "new" Advanced 3/4 is shorter in the front but still has the length of the 3/4 in the rear.

The Advanced Sport has all the features of the 3/4 just in a shorter, more sport bike oriented lenght. Water proof, extremely well vented, with removeable liner. Jackets have quite a few high end features for alot less money than you'll pay for other jackets of lesser quality.

I use these jackets here in Texas for most of the year, at least till I have to put on the Cortech vented jacket because it's just too darn hot down here in July, August, Sept.!

Have a look at www.newenough.com for a deal. :)

First Gear Kenya

I have the First Gear Kenya jacket. Yes, it does have sleeve vents, along with vest vents and a back vent.

I rode Sunday, 34 degrees, and with the liner and jacket it was perfectly warm. The tips of my fingers? Well, I gotta find new gloves.

John
78 R100RS
03 R1150RS

Back