• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Headlight Wiring Problem

hottech

HOTTECH
I originally had a pair of driving lights wired to the yellow wire off my low beam headlight bulb on mr 2004 R1150R. I removed the driving lights and reattached the two yellow wires only to find that my head light no longer was working only the little light bulb in the headlight assembly. I ran a hot lead from the battery to the two twisted yellow wires and my head light came on with the ignition switch on, but when I turn my high beams on my instrument panel lights go off. Can anyone help me out with some suggestions. Everything worked fine prior to removing the accesory driving lights. I can not even fathom taking the bike to the dealership for a wiring problem that I instigated.

So test the yellow wire for +12v, key on, low beam selected. If you don't have it then trace that yellow backwards until you find where you lost it. Also check the grounds and verify that nothing is touching where it ought not.

I could not follow the yellow wire out of the H4 headlight socket unless I started cutting into the harness. The dealership wanted $100 for a diagnostic check plus labor and materials so I did not go there. Another web site read the schematics and suggested that Fuse #8 was the culprit and that my License plate bulb would also be out. He hit the nail on the head and put me back on the road for the price of a fuse and a Bulb. By the way the dealership wanted $20 for a bulb but I found a 12V4W two pack at Auto Zone for $3.29 and a set of 7.5 Amp fuses for $5.00. :dance

Back