• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Zitzen H4 "Super" headlight wiring diagram?

RANBUSH

Ran Bush
I found a Zitzen H4 "Super" headlight in my garage this week, but it has a Hella connector that is very different from the connector on my '68 R60/2. The wiring diagram, if I ever had one, has wandered off. I tried google and several other BMW forums, no joy.

And, yes, the bike has been converted to 12V. :)

Does anyone here know of a Zitzen H4 wiring diagram, or know which OEM wires go into the Hella connector? The Hella connector has tiny numbers, which I am unable to read, but they are definitely not the 31, 56a, 56b, and 58 that are on the OEM headlight. And there are only three terminals, not four as on the OEM headlight.

TIA

ZITZEN H4 SMALL.jpg

Thanks, Kurt, I did see a couple of those.

When my son gets home I'll have him look at the Hella pin numbers with his young eyes, and that should help me figger out what goes where.

After the holiday, I may also contact Scottie Sharpe.

Best.

Thanks to Tommy in MA on the VBMWOA forum, I have a working Zitzen H4 headlight. The Zitzen Hella plug didn't have the same connectors as the OEM, but based on Tommy's picture I used these pin outs and it worked.

The Hucky website has a picture of the OEM BMW Hella plug, with the BMW part number, but that is not what is on the back of the Zitzen. And, the Zitzen connector has TINY markings on the pins, really hard to read with (my) naked eye.

Thanks again for Tommy's help. I hope this thread will help someone else in the future.

Attachments

• 2 Tommy OEM Hella.jpg
    2 Tommy OEM Hella.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 35
  • 2 Hella plug.jpg
    2 Hella plug.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 35
  • 2 My Hella Plug.jpg
    2 My Hella Plug.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 35
To close out this thread, Vech replied to my query on the VBMWOA forum. He used to sell the Zitzen upgrade at BenchMarkWorks, and since the one I have was marked "12V" in his handwriting, I probably bought it from him a few years ago.

He says that Uli's Mottorad in Germany still sells the 12V /2 headlight upgrade. http://tinyurl.com/yxfmbnc9

You're welcome, future reader.

Back