• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Electric Windscreen Frustrations - '94 K75RT

It looks like 4 wires. I would go to an auto parts store and get 5 pole (four plus ground) trailer connectors. Carefully connect both sides to the trailer connectors using the four "hot" ones and ignoring the ground. A few snipped wires and new solder connections and and you will be good to go.

It looks like 4 wires. I would go to an auto parts store and get 5 pole (four plus ground) trailer connectors. Carefully connect both sides to the trailer connectors using the four "hot" ones and ignoring the ground. A few snipped wires and new solder connections and and you will be good to go.

Thanks Paul. There are five wires, so 6 pole connector and ignore the ground? That's a lot of soldered connections...

Thanks Paul. There are five wires, so 6 pole connector and ignore the ground? That's a lot of soldered connections...

If there is an electrical supply house, Radio Shack, etc near you you might find a smaller 6 pole connector. I suggest a trailer connector because they are available at most auto parts and hardware stores. An internet search might turn up a neater solution too.

Just digging up an old thread with an update...

I started my bike on the centerstand and a curious friend reached over while I was putting my helmet on and put the windscreen up and down. For some reason, after two years of non-use, it now works perfectly.

Must be the switch :)

Thus demonstrating that K-bikes do indeed have soul!

The wire appears to have broken off of the socket(?). I was hoping the socket would come out of the connector and that I would be able to crimp a new one on.

Anyone who works on these things for a living should be able to extract the broken pin and replace it. I have tons of parts for that sort of thing; it's just part of the job.

Data point on '97 K1100LT WS relays

Old thread. It has pix that led me to find the '97 windscreen replays. Fixed the problem (most important!). Best to go in through the windscreen housing (top, front). Makes it super easy to access the relays.
Just thought I'd let the collective know that the down worked, but the up slowly died over a couple days of usage, was fixed by relay change. I changed both. If one went, the other probably isn't far behind.
I did lube the 'rails'. That could wear on the electronics (carbon on mechanical relays caused by initial current draw).

Have fun,
Jer

Ted
Where's Ted?
He used to be quite active on the Kbike forum.
When I first got my 1990 K75 RT I got ALOT of great information form his website on K Bikes.
I hope he is doing OK

Back