• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

R1150R vs R1200R

Congrats on the R12R. I, too, owned a R1150R. It was a great bike. One Saturday morning in October of 2005 I rode it to the dealership to get a replacement face shield for my helmet, and I saw a lightly used '05 R12GS on the floor. The R12GS was still fairly new, and this was the first used one that the dealership had for sale. I took it for a test ride and that R12 powerplant was so much smoother and pulled so much better than the R1150, that I had to get it. In three hours I owned it. I've now got 82,000 miles on that R12GS and have no intention of trading for something else!

My windscreen of choice, Aeroflow, hasn't yet designed a screen for the R12R, but if you do a lot of touring or highway commuting, this Parabellum Scout Shield looks pretty effective:

sportshield_r1200r_m2.jpg

The Scout works well for me. There are a variety of screen sizes so you should be able to tailor it to your needs. I have no issue with buffeting. There are other farkles to be seen on this one as well. Since this was taken I swapped out the BMW cases for Hepco top loaders.

Two other additions I recommend are; replace the seat (Corbin shown); and, add hand guards (there is a how to thread over in the DIY area in the HexHead forum.

P5090017.jpg

Scout mount

I guess I missed it - you must mean that the windscreen and the small fairing are all part of the scout package ?? In that case - I now see the light.

Right, the Scout consists of the mounting hardware, fairing and windshield of the height an tint you select. Comes in black, but they will paint it to match. Expensive, well made and the paint is a good match. I'm happy with it. Haven't ridden it in hot weather (don't see that much up here), but I have a 10" screen for the summer if needed. More info here.

Back