• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mystery Tail Fairing Year and Make ?

mindtrainer

I got this item a week ago with a lot of K-Bike stuff. It's marked as a K-Bike part. It does look similar to our Tail Fairings but not quite like any I have seen before.:dunno

If anyone can identify this part please let me know what it's from.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Mystery Tail Fairng.jpg
    Mystery Tail Fairng.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 170
I got this item a week ago with a lot of K-Bike stuff. It's marked as a K-Bike part. It does look similar to our Tail Fairings but not quite like any I have seen before.:dunno

If anyone can identify this part please let me know what it's from.

Thanks.

k75 Police bike?

What it's not.....

So far I've owned :

1991 K75RT - NOT
1995 K75C - NOT
1988 K100LT - NOT
1985 K100SR - NOT

All these bikes had the same tail fairing with the exception of the 85 which is a first litter bike and doesn't have the grab handles but otherwise looks the same as the rest.

Would the make a special fairing for a Police Bike?
The width of the unit is correct to fit a K- Bike frame.

I did find a part number stamped into the underside: 5253-1452 269

Side by Side Comparison....

Here is a normal K-bike Tail Fairing next to this thing....

Attachments

• Tail Fairings.jpg
    Tail Fairings.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 155
I am guessing an 80's R65.

82-r65ls.jpg

Scott

Tail

That tail section is from an Airhead bike, 1985 to 95. Would you like to sell it? Thanks, Kevin:brow

Yea, It's for Sale

Thanks for the ID Kevin,

Yea, it's for sale. I only have K-Bikes. Just make me a reasonable offer and it's yours. Oh yea, club members get 25% off. So give yourself a discount.:thumb

Tail Cone Dilema solved!

Tut tut, my dear...it's a part that has wide reknown! It is the tail cone from an R100RT...how do I know? Why I just took it off my 1995 edition...as it is in need of repair...
If yours is in excellent shape, I'd entertain buying it.
Middie
504-579-4717

Back