• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Going to look at a '01 r11rt Saturday. Comments please

I always thought the heated grips came on all rt's, maybe I'm wrong or all the ones I saw had them.
Just wondering........

Hi gang!

I'm headed out next Friday to pick up a '99 r1100rt to bring home. ABS, 31K miles, top box.
This looks like the winner of a long search. I saw and met some nice bikes and people along the way. Well worth the search.

Thanks again to everyone who weighed in on my request for opinions. Very helpful and much appreciated.

I'll post a picture after I get home.

Brad:eat:clap:dance:twirl

Congratulations Brad, we'll look forward to seeing pictures. :clap

All the best
cbcK1200S - Colin
:bikes

Home with new RT!

I'm back!

Southwest flight to Phoenix. Met retired firefighter Mel from Denver area, he and wife are snowbirds, living in Apache Junction. Very nice man.

I drove home on Sunday, about 500 miles past Colorado River , Barstow, through 35mph winds, some rain, but arrived home safe and sound. Too much after the sun went down but the rt did a great job getting us there.

'99 r1100rt with 31,500 miles, ABS, systems luggage, top box, no heated grips(dang), Opal Blue, overall condition is excellent! My wife and I searched for scratches, dings, etc., few to none. Standard saddle. 37-44mpg depending on how hard the headwind was. Ran great. I loved the heat coming from the oil cooler out the fairing vents.

Good service records. I do need an owners manual, Mel did not have it.

So thats it. I'll add a pic asap.

Thanks again all who weighed in during the search. Very helpful, much appreciated.

Next I'll show it to the Harley guys at work so they can say,"Why didn't you get a real bike?"

Priceless.

Brad:thumb

I'm back!

Southwest flight to Phoenix. Met retired firefighter Mel from Denver area, he and wife are snowbirds, living in Apache Junction. Very nice man.

I drove home on Sunday, about 500 miles past Colorado River , Barstow, through 35mph winds, some rain, but arrived home safe and sound. Too much after the sun went down but the rt did a great job getting us there.

'99 r1100rt with 31,500 miles, ABS, systems luggage, top box, no heated grips(dang), Opal Blue, overall condition is excellent! My wife and I searched for scratches, dings, etc., few to none. Standard saddle. 37-44mpg depending on how hard the headwind was. Ran great. I loved the heat coming from the oil cooler out the fairing vents.

Good service records. I do need an owners manual, Mel did not have it.

So thats it. I'll add a pic asap.

Thanks again all who weighed in during the search. Very helpful, much appreciated.

Next I'll show it to the Harley guys at work so they can say,"Why didn't you get a real bike?"

Priceless.

Brad:thumb

Too bad you didn't have time to do the Apache Trail over to Tortilla Flats. It is a great ride and there's a BBQ joint that serves up great food at the end of the trail. Lots of twisties on the way there and great scenery to boot.
cbcK1200S - Colin

Just changed my spark plugs to Autolites 3923.

A definite difference in smoother engine operation, well worth the exchange.

Brad

Here is a pic of the new '99 r1100rt

Hopefully I have attached a picture of the new bike to this reply. Inquiring minds have been.......inquiring. So here it is, the fruit of a long search. Every minute of the search paid off with this particular one. Great condition, good care, informative, helpful former owners.

This bike started in Peoria Heights, Illinois, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Apache Junction, AZ and now Costa Mesa, CA. Well traveled, low miles.:dance:usa:type

Attachments

• P1010322.JPG
    P1010322.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 136
Nice bike Brad...looks great!!! I'm sure you'll have fun.
cbcK1200S - Colin:dance

Thanks Colin.

I keep having trouble with this goofy grin that pops up while I'm riding!

It may not go away for awhile.
:type:usa

Great looking Bike

"I drove home on Sunday, about 500 miles past Colorado River , Barstow, through 35mph winds, some rain, but arrived home safe and sound. Too much after the sun went down but the rt did a great job getting us there."

I have just one question:

Did your wife make the trip with you?? If so she is a real trooper and keeper:hug

It did rain most of the weekend you made your trip - lucky you did not hit any snow in the higher elevations. Congrats on the new bike:dance

Last edited:
Back