• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Airhead Sidecar Pics

Great pix, Pezz! :thumb

Here is one of my Airhead rigs, a 1972 R75/5 with a Dnepr:
43760268-S.jpg

43760208-S.jpg

Here is my other Airhead rig, a 1984 R100RS with Motorvation Formula ll:
121758199-S.jpg

The leading link is a modified EML forks:
107405547-S.jpg

107405536-S.jpg

Gary Haynes of the Sidecar Magic Shoppe in West Virginia built the sub-frame, mounted the sidecar, and modified the leading links to fit. He did a beautiful job!

my rig

The bike started life as an R60, but later got a 75/5 motor
The side-car is a Hollandia

sidecar-1.jpg

rr3.jpg

DSC_4119b.jpg

Last edited:
This is a most interesting thread. I have been toying with the idea of getting a sidecar rig, but really can't afford the space for yet another vehicle in the garage. I would be very interested to see what sort of chair people may have attached to an early R100RT. I love my 1981 RT and have been looking for a sidecar that would look "right" on it. It would have to blend nicely with the styling of the RT fairing and preferably be of similar vintage so that I can keep my collector's plate on it.

Any photos of an RT with a sidecar people?

Olde Picture

This one was taken a while back - hey I had hair then!:dance

Attachments

• Sandys.jpg
    Sandys.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 374
Back