• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

S fairing on Ebay

Ok, new valve covers it is. There is a big grind mark on the left side that paint won't cover. I didn't even look at the other side 'cuz if I get one new one, there is no way I can make the other side look like it. It looks like I have some spares.

peanut heads, peanut heads, peanut heads!!!

:bikes

peanut heads, peanut heads, peanut heads!!!

:bikes

:rofl

I like those but... Black bike with stripes; black valve covers with stripes. How can you go wrong with that combo?

Besides, RR already has peanuts on his other bike. We wouldn't want him to become unbalanced! Wait, he has three bikes. He couldn't acheive valve cover balance unless he went half and half on one.

:rofl

I like those but... Black bike with stripes; black valve covers with stripes. How can you go wrong with that combo?

Besides, RR already has peanuts on his other bike. We wouldn't want him to become unbalanced! Wait, he has three bikes. He couldn't acheive valve cover balance unless he went half and half on one.

That's what he was talking about! I didn't get the peanut heads comment at first.
:laugh

I am thinking about trying to put one on a /5 but the ignition key is at the top of the head bucket.

How far back on the headlight bucket does the fairing go? I just need enough room to key that key in there...

Looks mighty good so far.

I am thinking about trying to put one on a /5 but the ignition key is at the top of the head bucket.

How far back on the headlight bucket does the fairing go? I just need enough room to key that key in there...

Looks mighty good so far.
Not that far, you should be able to reach a key in there easily, and thank you.

Is that one of those old school Bose receivers back there? Maybe bought around 1986 or so? I remember the day my dad brought one just like it home hooked up two bose speakers to it and thought we were hot sh$t! jamming to Hendrix and The Doors etc.... ah the memories:groovy :groovy :groovy :buds :groovy

Is that one of those old school Bose receivers back there? Maybe bought around 1986 or so? I remember the day my dad brought one just like it home hooked up two bose speakers to it and thought we were hot sh$t! jamming to Hendrix and The Doors etc.... ah the memories:groovy :groovy :groovy :buds :groovy
No, it's a Pioneer, I believe. I have it hooked up to the computer next to it for days of music.

A smidge off topic....
Is your fairing frame mounted? I'm looking for ready made brackets
to mount a fairing to the frame....Am running out of time to fabricate parts!

If anyone has researched and found some please,please post!

Thank you, and you may now return to your regular
scheduled programming....
Oh, great bike BTW, and definitely go rounded valve covers!

Thanks!
jacqui van ham
http://TheVintageAdvantage.com

A smidge off topic....

Thanks!
jacqui van ham
Hi ya Jacqui. :wave

I am not sure exactly what you mean by frame mounted. It is mounted off the ears of the headlight shell. One bracket has a large hole (which I didn't have a bit for, grumble ,grumble) to fit over the ignition switch, and the other is a standard size bolt on the right side of the headlight. Two small pieces of aluminum, and some rubber bits was all I added so far. I will be running some braces up top to the triple clamp also, but I am waiting to get the rear end together to finalize everything.

Peanut heads? My '55 R50 has the round ones. Sorry, but this is getting stock black ones.:laugh

A smidge off topic....

Thanks!
jacqui van ham

What fairing are you trying to frame mount?

I don't want to talk about it.
:bluduh

AND.....I am not riding
AND.....I couldn't ride in October or November.
Bah!

I would just like to take this opportunity to say "Your Welcome" to any folks in Hell who wish to thank me for cooling it off for them recently.:ha
*Trumpet Fanfare*
P8290016.jpg

All I need now is a carb synch, actually putting the new valve covers on, valve adjustment, all the oils, new battery, rear taillight asembled, latch brackets on the bag racks, and a shorter bolt for the rear racks to the frame, and checking all the fasteners for tightness and a thorough cleaning, and many smaller "looks" type details, and I'll be ready for the Dells Rally in 2 weeks.
:ha
BTW, no upper fairing brackets, black tie wraps around the mirrors!:ha This gives it "street cred."

Last edited:
Garage looks normal, not like Goldie's!
I had to go and ask for comments. That's my basement. :ha
The back door of the garage opens into the basement. That is where they sleep in winter. The gas tanks Winter in the garage.

Bike looks pretty nice too!
Thank you.
Notice the 2 tiny chrome skulls holding the fairing in front.
Also can't see the large black tie wraps holding the upper fairing and windshield to the mirrors.
It has "street cred."
:ha
I actually have several hours of work yet until it is rideable, but this is the closest I've been since last year.

Last edited:
Back