• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Im Going Crazy

D

Daver90s

I have watched the Long Way 'Round about 4 times now. :banghead I just can't seem to get thru Easy Rider - The World's fastest Indian was cool but....

The Wild Ones was cute and campy.

I need some suggestions... any good motorcycle flicks out there? - Help me get through the rest of the winter!!!:hungover

Oh yeah -I'm going to see Wild Hogs tonight - and saw The Black 6 last night (a real classic) - I'm looking for some on video.

Last edited:
"On Any Sunday" is a movie that I've watched a few times.... beginning in the back of my folks' station wagon with a bunch of neighborhood kids at the drive-in in the early 1970s.

"Twice Upon A Caravan" by Robert E. Fulton, Jr. is wonderful and goes well with the book "Once Upon A Caravan".

If you liked LWR, then the videos "Mondo Enduro", "Terra Circa", and "The Last Hurrah" might appeal as well.

Videos can be purchased from a variety of sources, including:
http://www.whitehorsepress.com/index.php?cPath=3
http://www.aerostich.com/home.php?cat=295&sort=orderby&sort_direction=0&page=2
http://www.thelasthurrah.co.nz/

I have watched the Long Way 'Round about 4 times now. :banghead I just can't seem to get thru Easy Rider - The World's fastest Indian was cool but....

The Wild Ones was cute and campy.

I need some suggestions... any good motorcycle flicks out there? - Help me get through the rest of the winter!!!:hungover

Oh yeah -I'm going to see Wild Hogs tonight - and saw The Black 6 last night (a real classic) - I'm looking for some on video.

Ahhh.. "The Black 6". You can't go wrong with a movie you can buy on DVD for under a dollar. :laugh

For those of you who haven't seen it, it's about 6 black ex-army buddies who ride Triumph motorcycles around. They are friendly, but don't take any bad attitude from anyone. It's pretty cheesy; all of the "Black 6" are NFL football players from the 70's (filmed in '74). It stars "Mean" Joe Green. One of their brothers gets killed by a motorcycle gang because he was dating one of their sisters (white). So the Black 6 go to check it out, and a royal rumble ensues. Truly top-quality acting throughout. :thumb

Attachments

• black6.jpg
    black6.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 230
My daughter and I caught Elvis in Clambake on AMC the other night. Very funny motorcycling in this movie!
music271.gif

Dust to Glory, about the Baja 1000 is pretty amazing (made by the On Any Sunday guy's son) as is Faster and Faster 2. Dust to Glory has plenty of car stuff the doesn't suck, especially when they're hauling ass out of town from the start.

Dunno if you like surfing, but it's pretty closely related to motorcycling, at least in terms of attitude. There's a movie about surfing the giants called Step into Liquid that's absolutely amazing. Guys surfing ship wakes on the Houston Ship Channel, guys surfing chop on Lake Michigan, along with the usual Hawaii, Australia, California stuff. Watch the folks talk about surfing and note how they're just like riders.

Same for Kings of Dogtown.

A short list...

"Me and Will" - unfortunately a real POC*
"Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man" - ditto
"The Wild Angels" - A very dated POC
"Hell's Angels '69" - ditto
There are very few good motorcycle movies, the only ones I can think of have already been listed in the other posts.

* PC for POS ;)

"Knight Riders" is strange & very entertaining, it combines Ren Faire with jousting knights on cycles. Ramblen Rebel

How about the one with Marianne faithful "Girl on a motorcycle", same movie but an X-rated version (don't ask 'cuz I don't know) called, "Naked under Leather".
Marianne was a looker...thats all I remember

How about "Cycle Savages" (never seen it) with Bruce Dern?

I feel your pain bro'. I'm dreaming about riding. Thats what I get for buying a GSA on Jan. 6 in Minnesota...:hungover

Awesome movie!

Hi Voni!:wave

Jim :brow
Hi, Jim ; )

The other thing I do when I can't ride - which isn't often now - is to go to google video and search for great motorcycle roads. If you're really hard up I'll loan you my copy of a video of a Deal's Gap video I found.

And come to the BMW MOA forum and look at what sfarson has been up to. And videos other members have made.

Life is good when you ride - even vicariously.

Voni
sMiling

Something different...

...take a peek at Vincent Gallos' "Brown Bunny".
I must warn you this is NOT (by any stretch of the imagination) a Hollywood style flick.

*Remember...I am just the messenger, don't shoot me!

-GF :)

History buffs!

"Me and Will" - unfortunately a real POC*
"Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man" - ditto
"The Wild Angels" - A very dated POC
"Hell's Angels '69" - ditto
There are very few good motorcycle movies, the only ones I can think of have already been listed in the other posts.

* PC for POS ;)

I have this on VHS very entertaining because its real, "History of the Isle of Man TT, http://www.dukevideousa.com/Motorcycles/DVD/TT Isle of Man/History of the TT 1907 - 2006 DVD.aspx

Well worth the time for any and all race fans.

Motos en invierno

See "The Motorcycle Diaries" about Che Guevara riding across South America with his buddy, back in his formative pre-revolutionary years. Good flick on many levels, from motorcycling, to buddy film/road movie, to a bit of political ideology.

Once you finish that, see "Y Tu Mama Tambien." No motorcycles, but similar story arc of two buddies and a woman they meet, all on a road trip. This one has more of a coming-of-age, sexual tension angle. Good movie!

Back