• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

High Intensity flashlights

brownie0486

Who carries a flashlight full time on their motors?

I carry a Fenix E35eu [ discontinued ] on the RT and a Surefire G2 on the RS. 4 spare 123A batteries for both giving me about 3 hours HI lighting.

I don't know about high intensity, but my RT has a nice spot in the glove box that fits a Mini Maglite LED. I also carry a Princetontec EOS headlamp and a Princetontech AMP 1 in my O'Sh!t kit - the headlamp is nice for hands free, and the AMP is nice because it has a bottle opener on the end. For all three, I was looking for something that would take a set of batteries that I could get anywhere.

headlamp and flashlight

I carry both a Klarus high intensity LED tactical flashlight, and a Black Diamond headlamp in my tankbag. In the tankbag for quick and easy access. Flashlight for a quick search, headlamp when I need both hands.

Last edited:
Ever since I had to plug a tire about 15 years ago in the dark with only the light from the screen of my phone I carry at least one small flashlight all the time. I can't drop a high falootin name about the ones I'm currently packing but one is a rechargeable LED and the other is an AAA powered LED.

This is what I carry, super little light.

Pocket-Sized Super Bright Flashlight Set- LUMINTOP Tool AA 2.0 EDC Flashlight with Magnetic Tail and 920mah Rechargeable Battery, 650 Lumens, 5 Modes with Mode Memory, Waterproof Torch for Camping https://a.co/d/jj84MtQ

Sent from my iPad using Tapat

cabela's headlamp, gives great light and keeps your hands free. Has a green feature as well. Takes 4 AA batteries

On my GS’s, have used existing screws to mount kayak paddle clips which hold a standard AAA LED light.
No digging in tank bag or side cases. Can find in the dark every time. Facing backwards has never had water issues. My ‘05 RT had a micro OEM one in side compartment of tank. Lost that somewhere:banghead

3822678C-44E5-4B4C-B9EB-3934E98FE0FB.jpeg

B25BB2D9-103C-477C-B0D9-14884757A580.jpeg

Mini mag

I carry a mini mag, LOL, I used to get them free at one of my jobs, so I have a couple. I have also used the Sure fire lights. For light output the Surefire beat the mini mags hands down. St.

Back