• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

How to remove Gemel alarm.

Pasta_Mouse

I'll open this up by saying that my bike is an 05 1150R. But I've heard that Rs and some Ks of the same vintage can share the same system so this may apply to both.
I wanted to delete mine because I really don't need it, it didn't work and the internal battery crapped out so it had a moderate parasitic draw on the bike battery. It's gotta go but I could not find any info on removing it. There is I fella in Illinois that made a nice video on YouTube and even addressed older styles at the end but neither applied to mine. I called everywhere and searched high and low. Nothing. So I'm posting this so maybe it'll save someone the unnecessary frustration I went through. Because it's easy...
This Gemel alarm has 3 plugs. A 4 pin that connects the motion sensor to the siren. A 3 pin and an 8 pin that has 7 wires. Those two come from the bike. Since the alarm is an option I figured that you should just be able to unplug it, and that's exactly what I did.
Trace the from the rear along the left side. It pops up alongside the steering head and heads off 4 ways. The first headed forward to the LED so I didn't bother with that. The second goes to a blue 2 pin atop the steering head. Disconnect that. 3 and 4 cross over to the right side. The both go to a black plug and a white one. 12 pins and 9 used. Disconnect them and reconnect the bike harness together. Voila! Bike runs and all lights work.
Somewhere that I cannot see the alarm harness dips off to the fuse box for power. So I just left the LED connected, bundled and tied the forward plugs and tucked the two rear plugs behind the tray. For some reason I can only upload 1 pic but you can see the blue 2 pin at the top of the pic.
Hope this helps somebody!

Attachments

• PXL_20230707_205623538.jpg
    PXL_20230707_205623538.jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Back