• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

I'm in

ccolwell

Picked up a '22 M Sport lowered yesterday. Mirror extensions, tank grips, heated gear hook up, Sargent seat upgrade seems to cover all I'll need to add.

Congrats! Looks like you have the extremes in BMWs...your avatar shows a /2 of some kind and now the M1000. Nice!!

Looks like you've got a full garage! How hard is it to make decisions about which bike to ride?

The R26 was my dad's last bike. He had quit riding and just wanted something to tinker with. At some point he couldn't get it started and couldn't get on the floor to get at the points. I was summoned to fetch it and get it going. Once I did, he told me to sell it. I rode it around my short block twice. I didn't think anything could be that slow and even then the brakes were terrifying.

Each bike has its purpose and I usually have no trouble deciding. The 690 doesn't get ridden much but I just can't part with a 700cc single that weighs 350 lbs and makes 70 hp. The Duke was, and may still be, scheduled to live at a friend's vacation home in western North Carolina but it's been an odd year and hasn't happened yet. The Daytona track bike is for sale -- after riding the Ninja for a few track days I pulled the Triumph out. I did 4 sessions in the morning and went back to the 400. It is so much more fun even if it's a lot slower down the straights. I'm on my 4th Street Triple, 6th modern Triumph triple with the Speed I had. It is still my go to bike most days. I'm very fortunate to have these opportunities.

Looks real fast. :burnout
;)
OM

Stupid fast. I have a friend that replaced the last generation XR with a '22 and complained that Euro 5 had neutered the bike. If that's the case I'm perfectly happy with that. Indeed, I'm surprised the Akra passes Euro 5 noise controls.

Still, early days. Only have 50 miles on it. Just getting the brakes bedded in.

Back