• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Heated Sargent Seat...NO HEAT!!!

willhawks

22018 R1200RTW with Sargent seat. Wires/connectors attached to front and back seat with electrical line running into the bowels of the bike. Have tried the wonder wheel, gone to seat heat section and turned it up to max. No heat, front or back; turned on rear seat with no heat at all; turned on both front with wonder wheel and back with switch, NO HEAT AT ALL ANYWHERE!!! wtf!!!!!!!!!!!
Wires are in good condition with no cracks, splices or add ons. Thanks in advance

Will

Is this a new bike for you?
Did the seat work before?

I'm guessing the bike has to be running before the heat will turn on.

I spoke with the rep from Sargent seats who told me that the most likely reason that neither the front or back of the seats heat is the likelihood that the bike threw a code which caused the Canbus system to get it's panties in a bunch, which, in turn, caused Canbus to shut down the circuit, killing the seat heat function. Does anyone have any ideas about this?
Many thanks in advance for any assistance here.

3hawks

I spoke with the rep from Sargent seats who told me that the most likely reason that neither the front or back of the seats heat is the likelihood that the bike threw a code which caused the Canbus system to get it's panties in a bunch, which, in turn, caused Canbus to shut down the circuit, killing the seat heat function. Does anyone have any ideas about this?
Many thanks in advance for any assistance here.

3hawks

I have the heated seat from Sargent that plug into the canbus. They worked until recently when I accidentally wiggled the wiring on the driver's seat too much. This caused the canbus to throw up error. I wiggled the wires again and all is good.

So it's not the seats or the bike. Just check the plugs and wires.

Back