• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

AL 2nd Sat Ride-2-Eat to Big Bob Gibson BBQ

HSVPhil

AlaBeemer_Prez
Apparently, there’s an expected Ride-to-Eat for Next Saturday [but my GT is still down for maintenance.]

Here’s my simple plan for Feb’s 2nd Saturday Ride - I’m keeping it easy for myself because of the lack of interest this winter.

Expect there will be several riders from the North Alabama Vintage Motorcycle Club (FB: NAVMC) upon our exit from the Blue Plate Cafe.

I’m taking the Long way toward Decatur, AL from HSV [about 80 miles instead of 28]. Please see the attached directions or the GPS File.

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Expect to finish the NAVMC Breakfast at the Blue Plate Cafe on Governor’s Dr ~0900.

Plan to depart the Blue Plate headed north around 0915 - with full tanks of gas.

This ride will take 2.5 hours, so I expect to arrive at Big Bob Gibson Bar-B-Que ~11:45 on 12 Feb.

All Y’all may meet our group at the BBQ restaurant in any conveyance you deem appropriate.

Current Weather Forecast suggests a chilly AM departure from HSV with temps to rise to 60F in the afternoon!

Even better than the advanced forecast for the second Saturday in MARCH which is pretty far out!!!

Big Bob Gibson’s BBQ is located at:

1715 6th Ave SE (US Highway 31) in Decatur, AL.

https://www.bigbobgibson.com/locations/

Hope some distant travelers will be ready for a tasty Ride-2-Eat in February!

Ciao!

Phil & Karen

View attachment R2E-Feb-2022.GPX

View attachment Directions from HSV.pdf

Had an uneventful ride from HSV to Decatur on mostly backroads (~85 miles vs 27 direct; temps about 50F).

Including Le Poobah & La Secretary of CC-5, we had four other ADVenturesome riders who said they enjoyed the route across three northern AL counties and two genuine rivers {Elk & Tenn}. They also enjoyed a tasty BBQ lunch with 6 other individuals who met us in Decatur ~11:40.

MOAL-Feb-R2E-bunch.jpeg

We’ve got some “suggestions” for forthcoming Second Saturday R2E’s, so stay tuned. March can be a cruel month to the unwary!
I did get my K16GT put back together in time to lead the BMW gastronomes on our February sojourn. :thumb

Happy Trails whenever U can - Ciao!
HSV-Karen & HSV-Phil
USN-Ret'd —&— USAF-Ret’d

'09 650GS-twin — '14 K-GT
'82 R100CS ——— '75 R90S
'16 R1200RS —-— ’05 Vespa 200L

Back