• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Seat Issues 2000R1100RS

mhallman

So I don't know if it's just my big butt, but the seat on my 1100RS gets quite uncomfortable after about an hour and a half of riding. Besides a new Corbin seat (or something comparable), has anyone had any luck with seat covers lending to increased comfort? I'm hoping to be able to ride five or six hours without the numbness...

Thanks in advance!

depends

On my new to me 2000 R1100S the seat was always sending my long legged frame into the gas tank. The Sargent seat and the Corbin seat promised flatter trajectory and wider purchase for your butt too. Bought the Sargent and it is more comfortable. 500 bucks more is a personal decision. It does not push my junk into the tank so at my age I appreciate it.

Not sure of your long term plans for the RS, but like suspension and some other things, if you’re going to keep it, it may be worth it to spring for a good aftermarket seat. I’ve had my ‘00 RS seventeen years and after 110k have no plans to part with it, so still willing to spend a few bucks to make it mine.

We had seats done by Rick Mayer, in his good days. A huge difference from factory, comfort and quality. A 1,000 mile day isn’t a problem. I’m not sure a cover will get you where you want to go but certainly a cheaper solution. I use sheep skins and beaded seats on other bikes but if the structure isn’t right to start with, I’m not sure a cover will fix it. Maybe the Airhawk? Good luck, and good riding.

Back