• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Windshield arms

craz1

Craz1
Hi Im Wayne and own a 2005 K1200S. However my friend owns a 2016 R1200RT. We have been planning a two week trip in which we will be leaving on the 13th. Several weeks ago my friend discovered he had a broken windscreen arm which would have been inconvenient during this trip. BMW does not offer any parts for the mount and you have to purchase the entire mount which is Part # 46 63 7 728 676 for $884.54. I did a search on the internet and found upper arms for the 2013 and older models but not for the 2016 models. I reach out to the supplier and he agreed to make a few. The 2016 has an offset and the older models do not. I told him we were leaving on a trip and he said he should be able to make them up. We sent him our arms and he was able to draw them up and machine us prototypes which fit perfect. You will also see the broken mount. The BMW arms are just a die cast part and break easy .I thought it may come in handy for you guys in case you have had this issue. In his add you will see the mount that we mounted on his bike. I polished them but you could leave all the machine marks if you want. I forgot to mention if you use a larger shield you may want to upgrade to these arms.

2015 newer
https://www.ebay.com/itm/204325656106

2013 and older
https://www.ebay.com/itm/204043852297?h ... SwhChi2NK3

Last edited:
Back