• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

What's old is new again...

mrenloe

Just wanted to say hi. I've been away for a long time, but have decided to get back involved. Started riding in 1995 with a Suzuki GS550 I bought from my former college roommate. I was the 4th or 5th person to own it as a first bike. Upgraded to BMW's in 2000 with a R1100GS which I rode year-round for 6 years. It was my daily commuter as well as my source of fun. I loved those early years and was very active on the IBMWR list. I met so many great people and learned a lot. During that time I was also involved in the DC area club, BMWBMW, and held just about every position at least once. Changes in my job, an additional kid, new house, burnout from club service, etc. all lead to a dramatic reduction in riding and involvement. It was so bad that my 2006 R1200GS just rolled over 20k miles on my way to Nashville.

I definitely missed it. One of my close friends got me committed to riding to Nashville via backroads and I remember why I loved riding and this community so much. I look forward to reconnecting with many of the old friends and making new ones.

Mike Enloe
Northern Virginia
2006 R1200GS

Well, Mike, what a surprise to see your name up here on the MOA InterWeb!

Good seeing ya in TN; glad to hear that you found yourself rejuvenated!

Have some fun with that 'ol gal of yours!' {The Bike I meant! Oh! And H too!!!}

Get or keep in touch w/David Stroud on the forum. He's another avid GS'er and he lives very close to U! :thumb

IF, if U should ever find your way further south down HSV way, Welcome Mat's always out!

VR, HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen
:eat :dance :beer
PS: Of course that includes any of your riding buds too, of course!
IMG_0666.jpg

Back