• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Still new to BMW but I’m here to stay.

Todd Wright

Hi all,
We’ll just say I’m an “experienced“ motorcyclist. I started my motorcycling while in college after years of wanting a bike but had to fight the “not while you’re in our house!” mantra from the parents. At the time I was influenced by one of my dad’s best friends who had a BMW. I was also influenced by multiple friends fathers, uncles, neighbors who had Harley’s. I ultimately went the Harley route and didn’t finally get my first BMW until a little over a year ago - 30+ years in my riding experience.

I still love Harley’s and am fortunate to have a wife that allows multiple bikes in the stable. But I told my wife shortly atransfer case I got my first BMW (2001 K1200RS) that BMW will be my daily rider and if I’m going to go someplace a few hundred miles away it will be on a BMW from now on. If it’s with her, then I guess it will be on a Harley (pst, she’s not riding hundreds of miles on the back of a bike 😉).

I look forward to many years and miles on all my bikes…but mostly on my beemer.

Attachments

• IMG_2914.jpeg
    IMG_2914.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2828.jpeg
    IMG_2828.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 26
We all know the right answer is N+1! I'm up to 6 with another one coming so I know that itch!

Welcome from Newfoundland.

Welcome to the MOA.
The color of your K1200RS is usually referred to as a Checker. The earlier K1200RS that's lighter yellow is called a Taxi.
Does your wife like riding on the K1600?
When you get a chance enter your location in your Profile so we can see where you live.

We all know the right answer is N+1! I'm up to 6 with another one coming so I know that itch!

Welcome from Newfoundland.
Here at 65, I'm getting to the point where I don't really want nor need 5 bikes. Goal this year is to get to 3, a much more manageable number.

With 5, someone always needs tires, or an oil change, or a battery or something. I don't want the time commitment nor the expense any longer, so I'm going to shrink the fleet.

I think "n+1" was fine when I was still in the Acquisition Phase of my life, but it no longer is something I want to support. Nor do I want a bunch of unused assets clogging my garage.

Your mileage may vary.

Welcome from southeast HSV, Señor Todd. Tis good to have a Mrs ready to go for a ride and it's also good to have several choices in the garage. See ya round - wave as U go by and we will too.

Ciao, HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen 🗺+🏍+🏕+🛵=🤗&🤠

Hi all,
We’ll just say I’m an “experienced“ motorcyclist. I started my motorcycling while in college after years of wanting a bike but had to fight the “not while you’re in our house!” mantra from the parents. At the time I was influenced by one of my dad’s best friends who had a BMW. I was also influenced by multiple friends fathers, uncles, neighbors who had Harley’s. I ultimately went the Harley route and didn’t finally get my first BMW until a little over a year ago - 30+ years in my riding experience.

I still love Harley’s and am fortunate to have a wife that allows multiple bikes in the stable. But I told my wife shortly atransfer case I got my first BMW (2001 K1200RS) that BMW will be my daily rider and if I’m going to go someplace a few hundred miles away it will be on a BMW from now on. If it’s with her, then I guess it will be on a Harley (pst, she’s not riding hundreds of miles on the back of a bike 😉).

I look forward to many years and miles on all my bikes…but mostly on my beemer.
Beautiful bikes ! Welcome

Back