• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New Member East Coast of Virginia

planglois

Babydoll
Hello everyone. It is nice to meet the volunteers that work so hard to keep everything moving forward. My name is Penny and my journey with adventure riding began this summer after a friend loaned me a 310gs to take to Yellowstone. Upon my return I quickly found "the one", snow white. A 2019 750gs. After more years than I care to admit to of being a payment princess/Harley rider, I have quickly fallen in love with the ride and style of my gs.
I have a lot to learn and experience and feel fortunate to be a part of this membership as a source. Below is a picture of the my loaner bike and snow white. (so the first lesson, someone help with the rotation of pictures?) didn't think that would be my first question in this group, but here we are. ;)

Attachments

• 20230624_114704.jpg
    20230624_114704.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 35
  • 20231225_131437.jpg
    20231225_131437.jpg
    849.1 KB · Views: 34
Hello, planglois from VA!

My forum advice to U is to 'capture' your post {CTRL C}; Delete the whole thing, and then Begin Anew.

IF U took the pics with a cell-phone, then such weird-crap dost occur....

My concept says Edit your chosen pics in your browser/editor - snipping just some of the extra coverage to the aside. Then, save it as a smaller version in your downloads file. THEN, your pictures should upload as you EXPECT [- to be A-okay...]

Hope you enjoy the MOA forum and your newest BMW motorcycle most sufficiently in 2024!

Get some training in the New Year - if so deemed necessary... Money In Your Pocket.

http://https://bmwmoaf.org/rider-training/paul-b-rebates/

Do not overlook this M/C Training Opportunity!

Happy Trails whenever U can - Ciao!
HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen
USAF-Ret'd — & — USN-Ret’d

'75 R90S ————— '82 R100CS
’09 KLX250S ——— ’08 CRF230L
'14 K16GT ———— '16 R1200RS
’05 Vespa 200L -—- ’11 Vespa GTS 300
:beer

Thank you for so quickly reading and responding to my post. I will use this knowledge well.
Also thank you for the information about the rebates. I have received this information a few times. I originally became a member a few days ago and originally interacted in a web based environment. I tripped upon this section by accident. The two environments do not seem linked/shared.
No worries. I do enjoy reading everyones post and taking in any information someone sends me.
Enjoy your evening.

Welcome to the forum!
That looks like a bike you can have fun with.

As for the pictures, on this software , pictures taken with an iPhone need to be taken in “landscape” mode and the upload correctly. As we are changing to Xenforo on Monday, the 15th- we will have to see how uploaded pictures work out on the new forum.

Enjoy the forum.

OM

Day-um. I just wanted to see if this new forum software flipped a portrait-framed picture on it's side.. Wasn't expecting it to go full size. Penny- were these shots originally taken in landscape, then cropped? Or maybe with a "real" camera? The pic above is nothing fancy. Just an iPhone shot in "portrait" position.

Hi Penny, welcome from Newfoundland.

As for pics I've said this a few times but I use a photo hosting site called SmugMug. It's a pay site but it works very well. I have almost 20k pics in my account separated into different galleries which makes it easy to find what you want. It is pretty seamless to load photos onto any forums or other places. I upload photos here and the other forums I hang out on all the time. It's also easy to access on my phone or computer or iPad. There is a coupon code in my sig line if you're interested.

https://www.advrider.com Also if you are new to the adventure bike game I highly recommend joining ADVrider.com. This is the biggest and best adventure forum with over 400k members around the world. There are specific threads for your bike where you will be ale to learn all about it. The amount of info on there is staggering! I just spent 2 weeks glued to the Dakar thread following the race. I'm the same username on all of the forums I hang out in.

Back