• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New member in Tucson

jbinaz

Hi everyone,
I'm a new member from the Tucson area, where I moved last year from the rainy but beautiful Pacific Northwest. I actually grew up in Northern Calif and rode a Yamaha RD350 two stroke all over those beautiful two lane roads around Portola Valley and Big Basin in the late 70's. It was mostly Honda 750's and our smaller two-strokes racing around in those days, then bench racing over a beer back at the little store across from Alice's, or Rosatti's. I recall a few guys had beautiful BMW's in those days but those were way out of our league.

After I crashed my RD a few times I moved on to larger bikes and began touring - I made my first long distance trip on my XS750 to northern BC in 1979, to visit a girl.. ha ha what an adventure that trip was, as I had a simple rig with duffle on the back, gorgeous scenery everywhere, and even a bear encounter in Jasper. I was hooked after that and a Suzuki GS750 followed in the early 80's when I lived in Denver, and it made many trips out west with a Windjammer mounted. More than once I encountered snow and cold after leaving Denver in beautiful spring weather, and once came down into the Bay Area in the middle of a tropical storm. That ride across the upper deck of the Bay Bridge will never be forgotten.

I have owned many different sport touring motorcycles since those days including several BMW's, starting in the 90's with a 1983 R100RT airhead, then a K1100RS, R1100RT and eventually a R1200RT camhead. The last few years have been really busy so not many miles logged. I just love touring around the western states and Canada. I am retired now, and spend winters in Southeast Asia, where I am currently. I have an F800GT at home in Tucson and just purchased a 2017 wethead RT from my local dealer so I can get back into longer distance riding. I get back in a couple weeks and can't wait to get on it. I hope to make some journeys up into the far northeastern states and Canada.

Cheers,
John

Welcome to Arizona John! The local BMW club SEAT (South East Arizona Touring) is very active. You should join if you have not already.

Welcome to the forum and Tucson. Great bunch of Beemernaughts down here. Seat is a good place to be exposed to the madness.
I'm at the base of Mt. Lemon. Give me a shout if your headed up the hill.
Dan'l

Welcome to the forum and Tucson. Great bunch of Beemernaughts down here. Seat is a good place to be exposed to the madness.
I'm at the base of Mt. Lemon. Give me a shout if your headed up the hill.
Dan'l

Thanks Dan'l, will do!

Back