• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

The RA rally Location 2010

Hey all, I took a ride over to the site today from Lake George. What a great spot for a rally, and count me in for a cigar down by that river! :usa

Hey all, I took a ride over to the site today from Lake George. What a great spot for a rally, and count me in for a cigar down by that river! :usa

OMG.... we have a Movement! :dance What a wonderful photo-op eh? Someone bring a guitar, matches and wood ..... ? We will be there with Robusto's, whatever, in hand. - Bob

We're attending the gathering of the Clan Rally this weekend near Boone N.C. after that we'll be getting ready for Vermont...:dance

We're attending the gathering of the Clan Rally this weekend near Boone N.C. after that we'll be getting ready for Vermont...:dance

well come and enjoy! And, if you are a cigar smoker (or don't mind the aroma) then join the crew riverside. Also, I think that some sort of assembly for this rag-tag forum crew might be a bit of fun. - Bob

Come in here, dear boy, have a cigar.
You're gonna go far, fly high,
You're never gonna die, you're gonna make it if you try;they're gonna love you.
Well I've always had a deep respect, and I mean that most sincerely.
The band is just fantastic, that is really what I think.
Oh by the way, which one's Pink?
And did we tell you the name of the game, boy
We call it Riding the Gravy Train.
We're just knocked out.
We heard about the sell out.
You gotta get an album out,
You owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.
Everybody else is just green, have you seen the chart?
It's a helluva start, it could be made into a monster
If we all pull together as a team.

Come in here, dear boy, have a cigar.
You're gonna go far, fly high,
You're never gonna die, you're gonna make it if you try;they're gonna love you.
Well I've always had a deep respect, and I mean that most sincerely.
The band is just fantastic, that is really what I think.
Oh by the way, which one's Pink?
We're just knocked out.
We heard about the sell out.
You gotta get an album out,
You owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.
Everybody else is just green, have you seen the chart?
It's a helluva start, it could be made into a monster
If we all pull together as a team.

Man, we just have to have some sort of simulated sax playing for you riverside as you cast out these hip-era lines. Karouac move over! Dylan and Cohen bow deeply! This is really going to be a party. Thanks for the somewhat esoteric Gravy Train Riverside Anthem. Smoke 'em if ya gottum. - Bob

I may just have to have a Cigar.:thumb

Really...... it must be of worth. not White Owl or similar low life. I recommend stopping into a good cigar emporium and selecting a fine Dominican with Conn. wrap. We will have a cutter for you. First time out ..... get something mild and sweet (LOL.... like life eh?). Glad you can make it! - Bob

Took a good ride today up to Pownal to check out the site. This area is huge and it looks as though the north portion of the site will be ideal for camping. The fields could use a good mow before the event.

Continued up north to Bennington then east across Rt. 9 to Brattleboro with a stop at Hogback Mtn Overlook to get some delicious cheddar and to shoot the poop with a pod of Wing owners. Rt. 9 on the east side of Bennington was under construction and had to wait about 20 minutes to get through.

Bibliophiles Beware - Northshire Book Store

216bb738.jpg

Somewhere in a land far far away

there lies a bookstore---not just any bookstore-----

a magical enchanted bookstore with

art festooning the outer fortress
friendly staff that read and work at a bookstore by career
cozy nooks filled with readers' accessories and knick-knacks
events with engaging authors
2 floors of well stocked organized sections
staff recommendations and highlight books worth picking up
unicorns grazing upon bright lillies and poppies in the foyer*

And this magical bookstore---is it run by a Dark Overlord or a large Conglomerate? NAY!

It is the mystical and rare independent bookstore.

HUZZAH!

*Disclaimer: unicorns, lilies and poppies may actually only exist in the Children's section within the pages of an actual book.

5ed08de6.jpg

Destination: Manchester, Vermont
Distance from Pownal: 36 Miles
Duration: 45 Minutes

For more information about Northshire Book Store, click here.

The best riding in New England awaits you!

COME EARLY - STAY LATE - No charge for camping before the rally starts. Vermont wants you to come and have a great time.
  • Sunday Camping - FREE
  • Monday Camping - FREE
  • Tuesday Camping - FREE
  • Wednesday Camping -FREE

Rally Registration is now open. For registration click here.

And, stick around for the Yankee Beemer Rally in Heath Mass. For more information about the YB Rally click here.

Don't bring a knife to a gunfight!

0c5d70b5.jpg

Rides to take at the rally:

Dual Sport rides from Sunday the 25th to the 31st. there's ten different rides, They are route-sheet rides. some are four hours, some are eight hours, your pleasure, from beginner to hard core crazy. Everything is a route sheet ride.

There will be a group hard core crazy ride "Not for the faint of heart" NOT ROUTE SHEETED. Knobbies required, Saturday morning. Be back for lunch. I'll be sweeping. Everyone drops their bike, at least once. Kickstands up at 8am. Rider's meeting at 7:30 by the grandstand, presumably.

GS Trials will begin after Lunch, and the Not for Faint of heart ride returns.

Thanks to Stagehand

I'm close enough to ride home each day...and come back with a different bike. How does that work? If I ride down on Thurs with the 2 wheeled GS and my niece (last full day of her leave from the Marine Corps and I want her to meet you guys), then take her to the airport Friday, I'd like to return with my GS sidecar rig and one of my dogs for Friday night and Saturday.

Do I have to pay twice if I swap bikes in the middle of the rally?

Rochester. There's one in Vermont!

Emerson Motor Works - An Airhead Destination

ec79ad9b.jpg

Our inventory includes an extensive selection of used parts and accessories for air-cooled BMW motorcycles, as well as a large number of used bikes and components. In addition, we are a full service shop with capability to handle everything from tune-ups to restorations. We are busy building, fixing and riding; most of our parts inventory is not online. Please browse our offerings and if you don't see what you want, get in touch with us because we probably have it.

Rochester is on Route 100, about halfway up the state, or midway between Killington and Sugarbush. Emerson Motor Works is across from Liberty Hill Road, 2.5 miles South of Rochester Village, 2 miles south of Route 73, 6 miles North of the Junction with Route 107 and 20 miles North of the junction with Route 4. We are on the East side of Route 100, look for the small black sign with gold letters and a roundel in front of a big white farmhouse with a red roof.

9c86f6d6.jpg

Destination: Rochester, Vermont
Distance from Pownal: 95 Miles
Duration: 2 Hours

For more information about Emerson Motor Works click here!

Great suggestion Larry! Thank you!

573a2e4a.jpg

A Motorcycle Trip to Vermont

Here's a first person account of motorcycling in Vermont. Ever wonder where all that famous Vermont marble came from? To find out ... click here.

GPS routes.

I just came from the Rally "Rides" page.

http://www.bmwra.org/d/node/7

Looks like the Adirondack GPX link is broken.
There is no GPX file for the Bennington Gaps Ride.

The GPX files for the rest of the rides work. Thank You!!!

Any chance the Adirondack and Bennington GPX files will be ready before the rally?

Yes indeed will get right on it! In the meantime send me your email address and they will be sent as an attachment. :thumb

Also the Bennington Triumph Bash has some GPX files. Click Here.

Another reason to come early ...

4805aa62.jpg

Come early and spend a day in New York City! And don't ride down to the Big Apple although there are a few nice routes into the city. But, once there ...

The Williams Inn is a few miles from the rally site and a bus leaves there twice daily at 10 in the morning and 4 in the afternoon.

The best riding in New England awaits you! Within a sixty mile radius ride:
  • 5 States
  • 5 Mountain Ranges
COME EARLY - STAY LATE - No charge for camping before the rally starts. Vermont wants you to come and have a great time.
  • Sunday Camping - FREE
  • Monday Camping - FREE
  • Tuesday Camping - FREE
  • Wednesday Camping -FREE

Rally Registration is now open. For registration click here.

And, stick around for the Yankee Beemer Rally in Heath Mass. For more information about the YB Rally click here.

Back