• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

The Charter Club Rallies & Rides before the Virginia MOA 50th National...

flyhi2cfar

#102452 Sometimes Hangared... But Always Aimed Out
I've never seen this many options immediately before our MOA, as are available this year.

Literally five Club Rally's the weekend before; and six if you include the CA 49'er, with it's near 2,500 mile eight day journey into VA from Memorial Day weekend!

Some of these include a "rolling rally" from their location, with the Vintage BMW group from the northeast US being a pure touring affair.

If I have this correct, the following opportunity's are present:

The Airheads "Gathering of the Clans" Rally at High Country M/C Camp in NC, with a departure for VA's AirCentral at the 50th.

The GS Giants "Old Skool" throwback gathering in MO, followed by a "Roller" as Rob Nye calls it. (MABDR, TAT & backroads)

The BMW Vintage Owners group "Rally to the Rally" adventure. A rolling collection of BMW history tour.

Bob's BMW/Ducati Pre-Rally kickoff event at the Museum & Dealership in MD.

BMWBMW Club's 48th Square Route Rally in Maryland, and a three day scenic ride to the 50th.

The Minnesota Club's 46th Hiawatha Rally; is recruiting traveler's with special door prize's for those departing for VA.

The 44th Land of OZ Rally in Kansas; always great hospitality by the Kansas City BMW Club.

And for the ultimate chance at the MOA's Annual North American Tour Award...

The 51st BMW Club of NORCAL's 49'er Rally.
The miles you ride to & from CA just may garner a nifty lookin plaque and prestigious recognition!
Last year's award winner in Springfield MO, used the 49'er Rally, from a home-base in Florida, for success as the Tour Champion.

One thing you can bet on, if your using the "motorcycle only" campgrounds through the Appalachian & Blue Ridge Mountains just before the National...
chances are BMW riders there will be headed toward Doswell/Richmond.

Plenty of choices for the ride into the 50th MOA Rally.

What will you do?

I’m considering that as well. It would give Glenlivet a couple relaxing days on our journey from northern Vermont…and enough time before the national to meander through West Virginia at a leisurely pace

Pete

Excellent idea Pete, and Hank. This was my intended choice, until a weekend HS Graduation became a conflict and priority.

The journey from the Square, for the couple days before reaching Doswell offers incredible riding and sightseeing.

I'm traversing WV between Marietta OH & Harrisonburg VA ... even that alone is dandy!

Looking forward to hearing about your trip. See you in VA.

I can’t wait to retire in 36 years so I can do events like this. Super jealous of you all seriously who get to do rally to rally rides. It sounds like a dream. I pretty much do 18+ weekend rallies a year usually Friday after work then home Sunday morning. Being on the road for a week would rock!

I can’t wait to retire in 36 years so I can do events like this. Super jealous of you all seriously who get to do rally to rally rides. It sounds like a dream. I pretty much do 18+ weekend rallies a year usually Friday after work then home Sunday morning. Being on the road for a week would rock!

Right about this hour, adjusted for western time zone, is the closing ceremony at the NORCAL 49'er Charter Club Rally.

And a question is being asked... who is riding in the morning for the VA National. Hands will raise.

A few of those folks will be stopping in Kansas this coming weekend for the Land of OZ Rally.

Good times for the few who can do this.

Right about this hour, adjusted for western time zone, is the closing ceremony at the NORCAL 49'er Charter Club Rally.

And a question is being asked... who is riding in the morning for the VA National. Hands will raise.

A few of those folks will be stopping in Kansas this coming weekend for the Land of OZ Rally.

Good times for the few who can do this.

… I actually met an original charter member of the 49’er at the 50th National in VA.
A 50 plus member of that club.
Yes, he rode east! And will back west.

There were a few others there also.

The last couple days, 5 riding days (+/-) since the big show... I've noticed some social media posts from the west coasters arriving home.

That could be you in reverse next June Adam. It will likely take two weeks of vacation time for a Redmond journey for many riders.
But the experience & memories... priceless!

I can’t wait to retire in 36 years so I can do events like this. Super jealous of you all seriously who get to do rally to rally rides.

It comes down to priorities. If attending the BMW MOA rally is a compelling priority - it was for us - you can find ways to make that happen. Voni was a teacher which made it rather easy to attend her first 20 national rallies while still working. I was a City employee with limited vacation time and still managed to attend 19 of the 20 rallies while I was still working. Now Voni has attended 38 and I have attended 37. Her streak ended when her engine destroyed itself on the way to Great Falls. So since Missoula in 1984 she has missed one and I have missed two.

Some of us would like to go places, like rallies, but have obligations/responsibilities that we have no control over.:wave:type

Back