• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Tank bag recommendations

zigzag

I’ve just purchased a 2017 R1200RT and am looking for a tank bag. Don’t need the biggest or most expensive just one that fits and will last for a while. Any suggestions appreciated, thanks.

I’ve just purchased a 2017 R1200RT and am looking for a tank bag. Don’t need the biggest or most expensive just one that fits and will last for a while. Any suggestions appreciated, thanks.

Mosko Moto's Nomax 3.0 is available for pre-order, the current version is available. Also has backpack straps, making it the perfect fly/ride luggage... I carry mine on as my "personal item" in addition to my rollaboard.

I've not found a tank bag with more organization features than this, and it has a hydration system to boot.

I have not personally tested it for fit on an RT... the mounting straps must fit beneath the steering head to fasten it to the bike.

Ian

Screen Shot 2023-08-05 at 9.42.36 AM.png

Ive been using the Givi tank bag system with quick disconnect on my 2018 RT since new. Available from most online stores.

Another vote for the SW Motech bags as the quick connect /disconnect make it very easy to get the bag of the tank and take with or store in an empty case when doing a bathroom break on a long trip. YMMV

I run the BMW Motorad R1200RT tankbag on my 15RT. Meets my needs perfectly and I grabbed a discount on it from my dealer when I bought the bike. Been through all kinds of weather without any issues.

I'm really happy with my SW Moto ProCity Waterproof - I love not having to mess with a tank bag cover anymore and this bag has been tested in several "gully-washers"

bc_wpb_00_024_10000_1_xl.jpg

I'm really happy with my SW Moto ProCity Waterproof - I love not having to mess with a tank bag cover anymore and this bag has been tested in several "gully-washers"

I wish all the SW Motech tank bags were waterproof without having to use a rain cover.

I initially purchased a big tank bag for my 2018 GS, but quickly realized I didn't like nor need that big of a bag. I ended up with SW-Motech's PRO Micro tank bag. It's big enough for my phone, garage door opener and a few other things that I want easily at my fingertips. I also like that its relatively small and does not get in the way much. Now this is a matter of preference, but my first bag had straps, which I came to detest. The SW-Motech's PRO series uses a tank ring for attachment, which I like a lot better. However, I have read online that some prefer straps to an attachment ring. So, you need to figure out what your preferences are with regards to the method of attachment.

I have the predecessor of the Nomax from Mosko then called the Nomad and I really like it. I swap it currently between 4 bikes and I find it to be excellent.

IMG_3107_heic-XL.jpg

IMG_3053_heic-XL.jpg

IMG_8015-XL.jpg

IMG_8316-XL.jpg

Back