• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BMW tank bag for R1200GS

kbowman

My large BMW tank bag for my 2015 GS is wearing out. The clear vinyl map cover yellowed and cracked some time back, and the rubberized material on the bottom is coming off, which is starting to scuff the paint, so I decided to find a new bag. After shopping around, I found the same model that I currently own (77 45 8 559 154) on the BMW website for $92, which is a huge discount from the list price ($363). I ordered one, but a few days later I got an e-mail saying that they were out of stock. They told me, however, that BMW Motorcycles of Seattle, MR Moto in Chicago, and Colorado Springs Powersports had the bag in stock. By coincidence, I am in Colorado Springs this week, so I gave them a call. They had one in stock. They wouldn't sell it to me for $92, but since they had had it since 2018, they offered it to me at their cost ($259). I took them up on the offer and now have a new version of the bag, which has always worked well for me.

So if you are looking for a tank bag for the R1200 GS (water cooled), you might want to try those dealers (and maybe some others) and see what kind of deal you can get. Sorry though, I got the last one in Colorado Springs. :)

Cheers, Ken

Back