• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

RT Windshield Mounting Frame Swap

ItsPhilD

I see from various parts fiche online that in 2010 the RT got a new Windshield Mounting Frame part no.: 46637711659. The 2008 RT's part number is: 46637681278.

I'm trying to find out if the 2010 will bolt up to on my 2008. I want to install an AeroFlow Windscreen but Paige at AeroFlow says I would need have his Airflow Management Kit which is $140 plus shipping. If the 2010 part will fit on my 2008 then according to Paige I would not need his Airflow Management Kit. The BMW part is @$76. Yes it's to save a couple of bucks but I'd rather swap out one part with another as opposed to adding 3 parts and spend more money to accomplish the same thing.

From AeroFlow:

Airflow Management Kit Included for 2005-2009 Only. Not required for the 2010 R1200RT.
Included with the '05-'09 AeroScreen is an ?Airflow Management Kit? which consists of 3 Deflectors. The Airflow Management Kit stops airflow from rushing under the screen and hitting the driver?s body as the screen is raised. The third deflector reattaches airflow from the dash area to the back of the screen. When airflow from both sides of the screen combines, they smooth out the airflow leaving the top of the screen eliminating turbulence. The AirFlow Management Kit is not required for the 2010 R1200RT due to changes in the BMW stock mounting hole cover.​

Images from Parts Fiche:

Item 3 clearly bolts to the windscreen and the hole spacing may indeed be the same as may be the motor arms. Problem is when windscreen retracts completely this part contacts dashboard parts and these are different on 2010s, too.

Back