• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Picking up my '23 RT soon, dealership ???

Before I took delivery, I asked the dealer about the antenna issues and was told that the bike has ALL the current items/fixes by BMW installed and that is illegal to sell a bike if something is pending (A bunch of B_ll-Sh_t). I informed him the next day and he said he'll get back to me on this, but so far nothing but "CRICKETS".

Usually, “can you put that in writing on dealership stationary” separates fact from salesperson’s LipSchitz.

It’s really too bad that buying a new vehicle, two or four wheels, has become a geometrical puzzle.

If one can find a dealership that is easy to work with, try supporting them the best you can.

OM

Usually, “can you put that in writing on dealership stationary” separates fact from salesperson’s LipSchitz.

It’s really too bad that buying a new vehicle, two or four wheels, has become a geometrical puzzle.

If one can find a dealership that is easy to work with, try supporting them the best you can.

OM

So true, they're your best friend before you take delivery, then it's like finding Jimmy Hoffa after delivery.

As we all seem to be OG’s, :gerg think back to those you (used) knew that didn’t spring for dual-braking- front and rear split, two compartment master cylinders on their new cars.

OM

That is a personal choice. I like riding with SiriusXM, I held off buying the 2022RT until I was able to order it with all the goodies I wanted, like TPMS, wireless charging, radio. I can't believe anyone would buy a $27k motorcycle without anti lock brakes, personal choice. The really strange thing it with all of the supply shortages BMW had the best sales year in history in 2022.

Maybe the sat radio options are better in the US than what they have for Canada. We had it in our car from new and the listening options were pathetic. We cancelled it as it was not worth anywhere near what they wanted for a subscription.

Maybe the sat radio options are better in the US than what they have for Canada. We had it in our car from new and the listening options were pathetic. We cancelled it as it was not worth anywhere near what they wanted for a subscription.

I think my XM subscription is about $6.00 US a month, FYI.

Steve

I think my XM subscription is about $6.00 US a month, FYI.

Steve

That sounds right. I pay $6 a month in the car and the previous 3 or 4 years it was $5.
That plan also lets you listen to XM on the computer and phone.

In other exciting news, my RT arrived at the dealer yesterday. It was still buried in a stack of crated bikes in their storage shed but will be getting unpacked soon.

I pick up my new RT in three weeks. I’ve read about the problems with the SAT antenna and relocating the antenna. I am not getting the top case. Has anyone come up with another location that works or other solutions?

I pick up my new RT in three weeks. I’ve read about the problems with the SAT antenna and relocating the antenna. I am not getting the top case. Has anyone come up with another location that works or other solutions?

My XM and AM antennas are both being replaced under warranty, it's still at the dealer now. Just make sure before leaving the dealer you check them both by moving the windscreen up/down and see if you lose the signal (video it so you can show them and BMW). They know it's a problem, but you still have to fight with them to get it fixed.

Steve

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1S-LN-HogY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trnRnMsUIZ0&t=3s

My XM and AM antennas are both being replaced under warranty, it's still at the dealer now. Just make sure before leaving the dealer you check them both by moving the windscreen up/down and see if you lose the signal (video it so you can show them and BMW). They know it's a problem, but you still have to fight with them to get it fixed.

Steve

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1S-LN-HogY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trnRnMsUIZ0&t=3s

I didn't know BMW had a fix for the AM antenna, do they? I've said this in the past, the previous RT Wethead XM antenna works great in my 22R1250RT.

I didn't know BMW had a fix for the AM antenna, do they? I've said this in the past, the previous RT Wethead XM antenna works great in my 22R1250RT.

I don't know if it's just a new/same antenna or a new/different part number antenna (it's been at the dealer for two weeks). The XM antenna is a different part number.

Steve

Since less than 50% of owners report the AM antenna problem when polled, speculation is that it's a bad batch of antennas. I ordered a new one and hope to swap it in the next week or two.

Since less than 50% of owners report the AM antenna problem when polled, speculation is that it's a bad batch of antennas. I ordered a new one and hope to swap it in the next week or two.

Jono, please keep us posted. I never heard from BMW about the AM radio, my bad for not complaining but at about 100 miles each way to the dealership... One of the key AM stations I would listen to also airs on FM.

Finally got around to replacing my AM antenna with a OEM replacement part. Mixed results - the new one is a definite improvement, in that I now get stations, but not nearly as clearly as the cheapo Amazon rod antenna. The only difference between the two antennas is that the replacement was made a week earlier than the original. So I would conclude the one that came on my bike was defective, and the replacement is perhaps working as designed (poorly).

All this antennae talk makes me glad I chose not to get the radio on mine. I can do just fine with music from my phone via Bluetooth to my headset.

All this antennae talk makes me glad I chose not to get the radio on mine. I can do just fine with music from my phone via Bluetooth to my headset.

Oddly enough - the FM radio and antenna work really well. Much better radio reception than most vehicles I've owned in the past ten or more years.

Back