• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

Good job, nice work. Taking metal and making usefill stuff is very fullfilling endeavor to one's personal self esteem. Sometimes ya gotta toot your own horn, 'Toot Toot'. Ya done good. I like it.
Thanks Barry. I like making/fabricating new or repair parts I especially like it if it isn't a rush. I have a motorcycle rack that I started for the back of the motorhome, about 3 years ago, :eek I need to get back to.
The head work looks great!
Gary

Ride 1 Hilliard, Oh.

Out running the hiway. Stopped in Hilliard, Oh. at the BMW dealer. Ride 1. Had a good visit with the GM Ric Schiller and the salesman Jarrad. Good people, talked them into posing with bikes. Will try to get them posted. Ride 1 Multibrand dealer 3747 Park Mill Run Dr. .

Rushville, In. - Historic Park Restaurant

Took a load over to Rushville, In. After delivery driving thru town found Historic Park Restaurant 1400 N Main at the corner of Conrad Harcourt. Nice little place and good food. Packed. Seated at a table next to the register, ordered and waited for the lunch plate. An older lady came in and was told it was over a 30 minute and there no extra seating in the waiting area. Told the hostess that the lady was welcome to share my table, I didn't bite. She accepted, was a little apprehensive, got over it and proceeded to be a pleasant lunch guest. Got the lowdown on all her family, they were good people. After lunch I paid for both meals, thanked her for the pleasant conversation and headed to Indianapolis. Ya meet good people everywhere you go. :)

Left Rushville and by sheer total accident ended up at the BMW dealer in Indianapolis. I'm clueless, I guess my van just knows the way. Hadn't been there in a while. Had a good look around. I really like the looks of the Indians, All the Chiefs; they have a cool factor. Met Chris Williams, he was getting his 1600 serviced. We checked out all bikes. I'm always interested in used bikes and older bikes in getting serviced. Pretty nice K1 in the service dept., the service guys said the owner was clueless as to what he had. Checked out the apparel, they had a cool T on display and as usual no XL's. Apparently BMW dealers are only allowed to carry one cool T at a time with no XL's in stock. Well it saved me probably $25. Always look on the bright side.:). Drove over to the Flying J off I-465 my Indy hangout, burn't to the ground, Wow. Strange.

Always a good stop and refuel for me. Spent a lot of nights in the parking lot sleeping on freight runs. Not now. The Pilot Truck Stop down the street just ain't the same. Oh Well, just part of life on the road.

Gotta load tonight picking up in Greenfield, Ind. headed to Buffalo, W.V.. Starting to get dangerously close to Hamburg N.Y.. Should have been Buffalo N.Y.. .

Red K1

Picture 557.jpg
Chris Williams does the pose. BMW statement bike back in it's day. Chris was in getting his K1600 serviced.

Back