• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

Denise Story

I was in Lonestar BMW some years ago, looking around as per usual. They had the coolest t-shirt for sell. Thy had one on display pretty high up over the counter. Went over to the the cloths dept. and found the stack of cool T's. Flipped thru'em a few times. Every size, but XL. Told the lady behind the counter about the lack of XL's. She came over and flipped thru them, too. Looked up at the T on display. Got a step ladder and a broom, got up on the counter and used the broom to get the T down. Checked it out, not a XL. Got back down and walked over to me. Asked me, how many BMW T's do you have? "Probably over a hundred." 'Well your not going to miss one.' I was put in my place, ouch. :) Yes, that was Denise. Funny story, but totally true.
Picture 477.jpg
Picture 478.jpg
Picture 479.jpg
Well, I got to buy my brother a XXL and me a XL. Cool T Denise, but not as a cool as the one down at Lonestar. :thumb

Morrilton Drive Inn Restaurant

Picture 465.jpg
Picture 466.jpg
Tried a new to me restaurant in Morrilton, Ar.
I think Exit 107, I-40
1601 Oak St.

Yesterday's Bar& Grill

Picture 469.jpg
Picture 467.jpg
Picture 468.jpg
If adult beverages are required, just go down the street to this fine restaurant. I've dined here several times and like it.

View attachment 57130
View attachment 57131
Rob was that U I met up with at the dealer. That is one really nice bike. A buddy of mine had a pristene '88 or '89 GSPD that I got to ride quite abit. Liked it alot. It was a real attention getter back in the day. :thumb

It was great visiting with you then and today! I had an enjoyable day riding the GS in the Ozarks and SE Kansas. Your bikes and experiences with bikes are what dreams are made of.

I hope to meet up with you soon and shoot the breeze in the shade. There is a small gathering in September, Eureka Springs that is fun. Lots of laughs and stories. Some of the stories are true. Look for it and come on over!

Rob Lessen
Arma, KS

Bikes

It was great visiting with you then and today! I had an enjoyable day riding the GS in the Ozarks and SE Kansas. Your bikes and experiences with bikes are what dreams are made of.

I hope to meet up with you soon and shoot the breeze in the shade. There is a small gathering in September, Eureka Springs that is fun. Lots of laughs and stories. Some of the stories are true. Look for it and come on over!

Rob Lessen
Arma, KS

Bikes

Rob, I've been on a roll lately; all the people I'm meeting are are more freindly than the last bunch of people I met. I'm really feeling the the good vibes. I've got a whole new perspective on humanity.10-4 on the Eureka Springs gathering. Barry

Gus's Fried Chicken

Picture 497.jpg
Was over in Memphis today. Thought I would get some fried chicken. Went over to Front Street. The place was packed, over 30 minute wait. It's ggod, but not that good. I usually eat at the original one in Mason, Tn.. Will go back another day. 310 S. Front St. Memphis, Tn..

The Hunt-Phelan Home

Picture 498.jpg
Famous antebellum and Civil WAR and Reconstruction home. Interesting history and family.
Picture 500.jpg
Picture 499.jpg
Located on Beale St. in Memphis. First home in Memphis to be outfitted with indoor plumbing. Indoor commode, what a luxury. No wonder Memphis had so many flower gardens to freshen the air back in the day.

Yes, Bentonville is my local state BMW dealer. It's a short 600 mile round trip to visit them. :) Will look at using them to order BMW parts. Denise said she was having trouble getting airhead valvetrain parts recently. Off the top of my head I gave her some suggestions. She appreciated it. May call her back with some more suggestions about where to get parts.

Probably my valvetrain parts. :laugh Valve seats that were available last year were now listed NLA on her fiche :banghead

Do your own research Kibblewhite/Black Diamond and Intervalve of Switzerland. I've been out of that business for over 10 years so I'm a little dated on what's available on the market.

Back when I was doing head work, I used BMW parts with good results. I did a lot of heads with with the Kibblewhite brand/Black Diamond. No one fitted their valves as tight as I did to the guide. I had a good results with no combacks or complaints. I heard others talk bad about Black Diamond valves, but like I said I had good results. I step honed them to size. worked great.

Actually making something is getting to be a lost art
I just made this from aluminum flat stock. It holds a gas can meant for a sno-mobile on the back of the ATV. All done on the 55 ton iron-worker :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 195
Actually making something is getting to be a lost art
I just made this from aluminum flat stock. It holds a gas can meant for a sno-mobile on the back of the ATV. All done on the 55 ton iron-worker :)

Good job, nice work. Taking metal and making usefill stuff is very fullfilling endeavor to one's personal self esteem. Sometimes ya gotta toot your own horn, 'Toot Toot'. Ya done good. I like it.

Tootin My Own Horn

Picture 507.jpg
This heads exhaust port threads are good, but if it was cross threaded or messed up, I could take this thread die and fix it.
Picture 511.jpg
Picture 508.jpg
Neat to see some simple tooling you've made and can use it to fix some damaged threads. Cool. anybody in the hood feel free to bring your heads over and give it a try. Free this weekend. And probably any other weekend. Maybe bring some good tastety adult beverage allways helps.

R90/6 Heads

Picture 509.jpg
Heads done without valves installed
Picture 510.jpg
Head with installed valves.
Never get tired looking at a nice set of heads I've done.
'TooT TooT' :thumb:wave

ON's 2099

Picture 512.jpg
I think it use to read 29999 as the expiration date. Good, but now it reads 2099. Basicically lost what is it 900 years of membership. I was looking forward to out living Methusala. However you spell his name.
Picture 514.jpg
Cool R5 custom. Ain't none on my street, in my city or in my state. Those guys did a nice job and nice front magazine cover.

Back