• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

How to Reset Trip Odometer (TFT Screen)

88bmwjeff

SF Bay Area
The bike: 2018 R1200 GS with TFT screen

I read the manual and followed the instructions to reset the trip computer screen on the TFT; however, everything reset except the trip meter. Is there a trick to getting that to reset?

Last edited:
We may have a terminology issue but the "odometer" is the record of all the miles on the bike and can not be changed at the user level. The trip meter A and B can be reset as you see fit. Let us know

We may have a terminology issue but the "odometer" is the record of all the miles on the bike and can not be changed at the user level. The trip meter A and B can be reset as you see fit. Let us know

Yes, I meant the trip meter, but I'd still like to figure out how to.

It's confusing because Trip One is Onboard Computer.

Start video at 1:20

I saved the video because I know I'll forget how to do it by spring :)

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QFy9Ms3_f8g" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Not noted in Lee's linked video is the ability to set Trip #2 to automatically reset whenever the fuel tank is filled. Just check the "Automatic Reset" box and push the wonder wheel left.

I have not filled the bike enough times to know what method I'll use on a trip.

I liked the R1200 setup on trips.
Trip one was reset at gas stops.
Auto reset itself each night so I could see how far we went in a day.
Trip 2 I let go for the trip so I could see my trip mileage and gas mileage for the trip.
With one bump of the wonder wheel I could see all those values on one screen of the Nav V.

I have not filled the bike enough times to know what method I'll use on a trip.

I liked the R1200 setup on trips.
Trip one was reset at gas stops.
Auto reset itself each night so I could see how far we went in a day.
Trip 2 I let go for the trip so I could see my trip mileage and gas mileage for the trip.
With one bump of the wonder wheel I could see all those values on one screen of the Nav V.

So who gets the best fuel mileage? You? Or Debbie?

So who gets the best fuel mileage? You? Or Debbie?

I usually get 1 or 2 mpg better than Debbie. She also wears her back tire a little faster.
She has a self control problem with her right wrist :D
I check the gas mileage as a early warning to any engine tune problems.

I was going to reply to the Toll Road thread.
Debbie likes leaving a toll both because she considers it legal drag racing :)

I usually get 1 or 2 mpg better than Debbie. She also wears her back tire a little faster.
She has a self control problem with her right wrist :D
I check the gas mileage as a early warning to any engine tune problems.

I was going to reply to the Toll Road thread.
Debbie likes leaving a toll both because she considers it legal drag racing :)

Why am I not a bit surprised. :)

Back